Movies: next James Bond will be Aaron Taylor-Johnson?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That's fair. The movies haven't always "stuck to the script" where Fleming's Bond is concerned although I think Craig's Bond was actually more of a return to form even if he isn't a dead ringer for the literary Bond. If one wants to think of Bond as more of a "concept" than sure, he (or even she) could come from any background. There's considerable risk in going that route though, which is why it hasn't been done.
Probably the main reason why they wouldn't do it.
They would feel confident that continuing with the way they have will generate a certain amount at the box office and make a profit.
Taking a risk may pay off or it might cost them millions.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Probably the main reason why they wouldn't do it.
They would feel confident that continuing with the way they have will generate a certain amount at the box office and make a profit.
Taking a risk may pay off or it might cost them millions.
Studios are desperate for sure bets. Bond "as is" is generally a guarantee to print money as long as certain expectations are met.

Or that his agent royally f***ed up by letting the
cat out of the bag.
He might have needed some more convincing or wanted to.be the shot caller. I can see that. Seems a bit disingenuous given he's the face of "Kraven" though. Lol.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Studios are desperate for sure bets. Bond "as is" is generally a guarantee to print money as long as certain expectations are met.

He might have needed some more convincing or wanted to.be the shot caller. I can see that. Seems a bit disingenuous given he's the face of "Kraven" though. Lol.
The actor will be linked to the character for a while. I would hope that the studio does not opt to try to link so many films back to a villian or organization. Fine for 2 maybe 3 films tops but hard to believe that there are that many levels for Bond to go through.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I don't care that much about this frachise, but this would be horrible. This guy has no charisma and looks generic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad