Next Habs coach..Boucher or Crawford??

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
You do all understand that Therrien is going absolutely nowhere, right?? Have fun with your predictions, sure, but don't kid yourselves.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
people want Boucher, but he's going to be bashed like all the others before him.
Just like all the MB threads where he's bashed even if we've been a playoffs team since he's here.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I'd love Boucher, so would a lot of ppl, down side is that he loves DD, so imagine DD getting even more ice time, but he also loves Subban, so we'll have Subban playing 30min a game :)

I'd hate to kill everyone buzz, but my money would be on Lefebvre, not saying who I want, but who I think it might be, Bergevin seems to trust him a lot, and he hired him for the Bulldogs..

I think Boucher has learned from his mistakes and that he can come back a better coach. He did good as a rookie and he knows our stars.[/

We have stars.:cry::cry:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I wish the answer could be neither. Time to forget stupid language issues and pick something that can make the team win.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
people want Boucher, but he's going to be bashed like all the others before him.
Just like all the MB threads where he's bashed even if we've been a playoffs team since he's here.
Our recent coaches have been bashed because our recent coaches have sucked.

Look, (unlike what some posters are BSing) MT actually has a roster to work with that has some talent on it. That hasn't been the case in a long time. In previous years I could understand the lack of offense... used to say it all the time. We just weren't that good. Not now. There's no way this team should be playing as badly as it is.

Laying back, getting outplayed and waiting for your goalies to save you is not good coaching. Very clear that some players have had it with him. And he should be ****canned before he can do anymore damage to this team. GTFO MT.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I wish the answer could be neither. Time to forget stupid language issues and pick something that can make the team win.

:handclap: Time to make this team a hockey team and not a political party. The coach speaks English to his guys and the media. No reason to hire a bilingual coach IMO.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
Who do you guys consider the top five coaches in the NHL (anglo or bilingual)? Habs should make that list and go after them. Are coaches tradable like in some other leagues? I've never heard of a coach traded in the NHL but I wonder if it's possible.

Michel Bergeron was traded to New York for a draft pick, at least i think it was new york

Monsieur

Oct 30, 2006
Michel Therrien record in his second stint as the head coach of the Montreal Canadiens : 62-35-12

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Michel Therrien record in his second stint as the head coach of the Montreal Canadiens : 62-35-12

Just imagine The Canadiens had a competent head coach who knew how to use his players in their correct roles. Desharnais, Gionta, Subban, Galchenyuk, Eller, Briere, Diaz AND not Bouillon.

The team is excelling despite the moron head coach.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Our recent coaches have been bashed because our recent coaches have sucked.

Look, (unlike what some posters are BSing) MT actually has a roster to work with that has some talent on it. That hasn't been the case in a long time. In previous years I could understand the lack of offense... used to say it all the time. We just weren't that good. Not now. There's no way this team should be playing as badly as it is.

Laying back, getting outplayed and waiting for your goalies to save you is not good coaching. Very clear that some players have had it with him. And he should be ****canned before he can do anymore damage to this team. GTFO MT.

No comparison between this roster to the Cunneyworth roster. It's almost AHL level vs NHL level. Kostitsyn, Kaberle, Darche, Gomez, Campoli, Gill, Nokelainen... A who's who of who you don't want on your team while coaching.

Carey Price has backstopped this trainwreck since "the streak" ended to keep this team at .500. Let Waite coach the forwards and D too maybe.

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
So because he is not using the players like YOU would want them to be used he is a moron? What part of 62-35-12 is bad??

And please detail your coaching experience whether it be pee- wee, beer league whatever so we can gauge your coaching knowledge and possibly try to understand your point of view.

Thank You.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
So because he is not using the players like YOU would want them to be used he is a moron? What part of 62-35-12 is bad??

And please detail your coaching experience whether it be pee- wee, beer league whatever so we can gauge your coaching knowledge and possibly try to understand your point of view.

Thank You.

The part where no one on the team wears any of those 3 numbers. Oh wait, Tokarski is wearing #35.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Just imagine The Canadiens had a competent head coach who knew how to use his players in their correct roles. Desharnais, Gionta, Subban, Galchenyuk, Eller, Briere, Diaz AND not Bouillon.

The team is excelling despite the moron head coach.

i suggest you at the teams that are better than us, look at their roster, then revisit the thought that we could do better than they are. i think we are exactly where we belong. if anything, we are playing above where we should be.

a ****** east will do that

:laugh:

I knew that would blow up on me!

:laugh:

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
The team's numbers 5 on 5 GF/A, Shots For, Shots Against, GF have all dropped significantly since last season. GA has improved, but a career year from Price helps those numbers in spite of facing more shots than last year. It does not reflect well on coaching when possession indicators drop into the lower 3rd of the league like they have, and the team is surviving games to win usually on the back of goaltending and some luck.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
The only reason I want Therrien to stay is that I'm convinced that Sylvain Lefebvre is gonna get a shot... And Therrien > Lefebvre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad