Speculation: Next GM

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
You're all speculating that Dorion dislikes his position as head scout of our organization. For some the job is about happiness, not dollar bills. I believe Dorion stays in this organization and that Melnyk will give Dorion initiatives to stay. Tim and Dorion will be here after BM moves to presidency.
I thought it was because someone from our organization was allowed to speak with the Habs organization about their GM opening.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I think Melnyk will clean house and the Murray Family will be out of the picture!

This.

I'm so sick of all these hotshot prospects coming in to town, meeting their potential or even over-performing.

And what's with all these playoff appearances? We are supposed to be rebuilding...

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
Because he didn't get the job?

This. Dorion is bad at interviews. They asked him "what makes you the best candidate for the position", and he just sat there like a deer in the headlights. Also forgot to send a follow-up thank you letter.

:sarcasm:

R2010

May 23, 2011
You're all speculating that Dorion dislikes his position as head scout of our organization. For some the job is about happiness, not dollar bills. I believe Dorion stays in this organization and that Melnyk will give Dorion initiatives to stay. Tim and Dorion will be here after BM moves to presidency.

I'm sure Dorion gets paid pretty big too. He clearly likes it here and the organization he works for and i'm sure they appreciate him as well. Someone mentioned early about Dorion not being used to speaking to the media etc - from the interviews i've seen of him on radio tv etc... he certainly comes across very well.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
I spoke to Pierre Dorion a few times and I get the feeling he's not looking to be involved in the management side of the business. Just like Craig Button, he grew up in the scouting world, he knows his stuff, like to be in charge of the scouting team, it's the perfect role for him.

Give me Timmay!!

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I spoke to Pierre Dorion a few times and I get the feeling he's not looking to be involved in the management side of the business. Just like Craig Button, he grew up in the scouting world, he knows his stuff, like to be in charge of the scouting team, it's the perfect role for him.

Give me Timmay!!

... didn't Craig Button take the GM job in Calgary around 99/00?

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
If Melnyk insists on staying within the organization I prefer Dorion to Tim Murray if only because he's a much better interview.

Alfie for assistant GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad