Blue Jays GDT: Next Game: @TB| Wed, Apr 2| 7pm ET/4pm PT | M. Buehrle (NR) vs M. Moore (NR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I have a bad feeling this will come back and kick Gibby in the ass. Never take out a hot pitcher, ever...

It better pay off.

Playing the averages usually pay off. The right hander with a nasty slider vs. Longoria and Cecil vs. Joyce are the best options in these situations.

HOCKEYGOON

Feb 27, 2002
The Penalty Box
Visit site
No sorry this always happens with Gibbons he never lets them finish. This was Buerhle's game. Who cares about his pitch count, I've seen pitchers throw over 120 pitches in a game. 108 pitches is not a reason to bring out a hot pitcher.

Oh well... if Buerhle got toasted for a 3 run HR you'd all say Gibby was an idiot for keeping him in.

Game over... Cecil!

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
SwagDance3.gif

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Morrow on the mound tomorrow with a chance to take a rare series in Tampa, 3 of 4 no less.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Playing the averages usually pay off. The right hander with a nasty slider vs. Longoria and Cecil vs. Joyce are the best options in these situations.

Whatever happened to being a real manager, managing with your eyes instead of averages and odds, and match ups and pitch counts. Anyone can do Gibbons job if thats the case. The actual art of managing is long gone. It's why Joe Torre was such a great manager, he went by his instincts not what a match-up told you to do, or a pitch count.

Anyway, JAYS WIN!!! 2-1! First place (at least for a little bit)

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Oh well... if Buerhle got toasted for a 3 run HR you'd all say Gibby was an idiot for keeping him in.

Game over... Cecil!

Buehrle couldn't have been toasted for a 3 run homerun from Longoria, there was only 1 guy on base. If he then let Longoria get on, I might have had a different opinion on it.

With just 1 out to go I hate taking out a pitcher who's pitching a game like that.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Whatever happened to being a real manager, managing with your eyes instead of averages and odds, and match ups and pitch counts. Anyone can do Gibbons job if thats the case. The actual art of managing is long gone. It's why Joe Torre was such a great manager, he went by his instincts not what a match-up told you to do, or a pitch count.

He gave Buerhle the chance to finish it and as soon as Lawrie made the error, he went with the match up with the fresh arms and it worked so you can say he did the right thing.

HOCKEYGOON

Feb 27, 2002
The Penalty Box
Visit site
Buehrle couldn't have been toasted for a 3 run homerun from Longoria, there was only 1 guy on base. If he then let Longoria get on, I might have had a different opinion on it.

With just 1 out to go I hate taking out a pitcher who's pitching a game like that.

Well of course I meant if Longoria reached and the next batter hit yard with Buehrle in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad