Blue Jays GDT: Next Game: @TB| Wed, Apr 2| 7pm ET/4pm PT | M. Buehrle (NR) vs M. Moore (NR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Like I said in the discussion thread, the good stuff will be saved for the home opener on Friday. I don't have all the material ready yet.

The probables for this series are (all times are ET/PT. Obviously all pitchers have no record yet):

Gm 1 (Mon 4pm/1pm): Dickey vs Price

Gm 2 (Tue 7pm/4pm): Drew Hutchison vs Alex Cobb

Gm 3 (Wed 7pm/4pm): Mark Buehrle vs Matt Moore

Gm 4 (Thu 7pm/rpm): Brandon Morrow vs Chris Archer

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
I'm excited for the season to start and hopefully the Jays can have a great season. Afterall it can't be any worse than last season right?

I'm pegging them for 70-73 wins. It feels like every team in the division got better. The only thing that might be better is with expectations so low, we probably won't get our hearts broken again.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I'm pegging them for 70-73 wins. It feels like every team in the division got better. The only thing that might be better is with expectations so low, we probably won't get our hearts broken again.

Jays have way more talent than that. Hopefully you will have an egg on your face by the end of the season

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Okie dokes! I can do this, this time. I can follow baseball! YAH! :thumbu:

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Okie dokes! I can do this, this time. I can follow baseball! YAH! :thumbu:

lmao looking for a new team to follow are we? Great team to follow.

Like I said in the discussion thread, the good stuff will be saved for the home opener on Friday. I don't have all the material ready yet.

The probables for this series are (all times are ET/PT. Obviously all pitchers have no record yet):

Gm 1 (Mon 4pm/1pm): Dickey vs Price

Gm 2 (Tue 7pm/4pm): Drew Hutchison vs Alex Cobb

Gm 3 (Wed 7pm/4pm): Mark Buehrle vs Matt Moore

Gm 4 (Thu 7pm/rpm): Brandon Morrow vs Chris Archer

So the Rays likely they have the advantage in each pitching match up but I still like the potential in our rotation... Rays have one of the best rotations in baseball and will probably win the division I am hoping for a 2-2 start.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
lmao looking for a new team to follow are we? Great team to follow.

:laugh: well. sort of. I mean - I grew up a blue jays fan - but it was more. "Ooh look at person hit the ball, oh look we won the world series. twice.... wait what's this black thing on ice, oh HOCKEY" (and then I became a slave to the Leafs. lucky me).

i tried to get into it last year, but watching on mountain time when i worked wasn't happening, so hopefully this season I can watch more games. I really hope that they click together. I heard that the pitching is not very good - but wasn't also a big issue last year that they were all injured? [like people not just pitching?]

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
:laugh: well. sort of. I mean - I grew up a blue jays fan - but it was more. "Ooh look at person hit the ball, oh look we won the world series. twice.... wait what's this black thing on ice, oh HOCKEY" (and then I became a slave to the Leafs. lucky me).

i tried to get into it last year, but watching on mountain time when i worked wasn't happening, so hopefully this season I can watch more games. I really hope that they click together. I heard that the pitching is not very good - but wasn't also a big issue last year that they were all injured? [like people not just pitching?]

Hey, I have been a die hard Jays fan who watched religiously since 98 and even I can say that last years team was very unpleasant to watch (in fact I only watched about half the games last year from my usual 140ish).

The teams pitching is going to be better then it was last year and we actually have gone from being one of the worst defensive teams to in the top half. All things that should make the team more competitive and easier to watch.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Have a good feeling about this team

Let's start with laying a beat down on price today.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
baseball baseball baseball

I'm overly optimistic, will get overreactive dreams crushed by like 5:15 today

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Lol I'll be ripping on them soon enough. I really think the offense will be a top 3 in the AL. The pitching is a huge question mark obviously though.

Agreed, although I can't help but think that.

Hutchison and No JP > Johnson and JP and that those 2 pitching differences will make a noticeable improvement on this years rotation in combination with the improved team defense.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Agreed, although I can't help but think that.

Hutchison and No JP > Johnson and JP and that those 2 pitching differences will make a noticeable improvement on this years rotation in combination with the improved team defense.

Why are you so convinced Hutchison is going to be such a difference maker this year?

Because of his spring training numbers? Let's not forget, last year in spring training Josh Johnson was easily the best starter on the team. Media in camp were raving about him and look what happened.

Hutchison has 11 career games in the majors and is coming off a major arm surgery. He's pitching in the AL East and he is essentially a rookie. I'm hoping he stays healthy, makes 25 starts and pitches 175 innings. I really don't understand how anybody can expect anything more from him.

The fate of the season rests on the arms of Dickey, Buehrle and Morrow. Dickey needs to be better, Buehrle needs to be the same (and with a better D behind him, he should actually be better) and Morrow needs to stay healthy and make 33 starts.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
You have to think Kratz catches Dickey today Vs. Price.

Edit: Upon further review, Kratz has reverse splits. They're both mediocre against lefties. There goes that idea.

Thole will catch Dickey. That's why he is here. Kratz was called up because he's the best right handed bat available. He will probably see some time at DH this serious with a couple lefties pitching for Tampa.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Thole will catch Dickey. That's why he is here. Kratz was called up because he's the best right handed bat available. He will probably see some time at DH this serious with a couple lefties pitching for Tampa.

I actually think Navarro will DH vs lefties while Kratz is here. At the very least he'll be a ph.

Kratz gives you the flexibility to slot in Navarro as DH vs price or Moore on wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad