Speculation: Next captain?

Heimy

Feb 28, 2002
I was just here
Visit site
I don't see Campbell getting any consideration if that rumor a while back about him wanting to move on is true.
And even if it isn't true, his underwhelming performance most of last season should be a disqualifier.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Is like to see a young player get it. It would show a true turning of the page for this team IMO. It's working with Landeskog here in Denver.

There has to be one guy in the bunch of "character" picks that can take the reigns. I would hope so. I'm ready for someone to step up this year.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Campbell could very well be in his last season here, I want to give the C to someone who will be here awhile.

Edit: I apparently said the same thing in this thread last week. Oh well, I stand by it lol.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Is like to see a young player get it. It would show a true turning of the page for this team IMO. It's working with Landeskog here in Denver.

There has to be one guy in the bunch of "character" picks that can take the reigns. I would hope so. I'm ready for someone to step up this year.

yeah, only the problem is that our young players that have the character to do it (gudbranson) have had too many injuries and inconsistent play compared to the young guys who get it on the other teams (landeskog, jt91, etc)

i still think campbell until he leaves > gudbranson would be the best way, or mitchell for 2 years then gudbranson

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
yeah, only the problem is that our young players that have the character to do it (gudbranson) have had too many injuries and inconsistent play compared to the young guys who get it on the other teams (landeskog, jt91, etc)

i still think campbell until he leaves > gudbranson would be the best way, or mitchell for 2 years then gudbranson

I agree with the inconsistent play. Lando missed quite a bit of time after his concussion. He's not bulletproof by any means.

If Mitchell is captain material then I wouldn't mind him. I lthink Campbell is a very good player but I have to agree with some on this board that he quit a bit on last year's team. I didn't really expect to see that from a player like him.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I don't agree with the whole "Campbell quit playing" argument, he played close to 30 minutes per night throughout the season with a partner that wasn't a fit.

On topic, Campbell is more of a good "A" than a good captain, the chance for that was when he got to Florida and it didn't happen so I think that window is closed now.

Mitchell seems like a good option, but they'd have to be really clear when they make the announcement (some fans that aren't familiar enough with the team might find picking the new guy over other veterans weird) that it's just temporary to accustom Guds to the role.

CoolburnIsGone

Well based on how our last captain was always out of the lineup, that pretty much means we are gonna pick Bolland since he'll usually be out of the lineup too.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I think it's Bolland! I think part of the reason his contract is so high is because they're paying him 3 million to defend against the other teams toughest matchups, 1.5 million to be a mentor to bjugstad and barkov both on and off the ice, and 1 million to be the captain! At least that's what I keep telling myself when I'm laying in bed at night and I can't sleep :cry:

panthermill

May 12, 2014
Weiss for captain....... O wait Dineen pushed him out.

This season
A-Campbell
A- Upshall
A- Gudbranson
A- Bolland

Following year
C- Gudbranson
A- Bolland
A- Upshall
A- Mitchell

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Weiss for captain....... O wait Dineen pushed him out.

This season
A-Campbell
A- Upshall
A- Gudbranson
A- Bolland

Following year
C- Gudbranson
A- Bolland
A- Upshall
A- Mitchell

Eh watch any of the 2nd half, playoff series of 11-12 games, Jovo was the acting captain before the C. Weiss was never captain material IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad