Speculation: Next captain?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
I don't think there is really anyone we can give the C to besides Campbell. Gudbranson is too young and unproven, Bolland and Mitchell too new.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Although I don't think "a new guy" would get picked, Mitchell would be best suited for it until Guds is ready.

The rest of the veterans are more of "A" guys.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I will never understand those infatuated with Gudbranson and his inability to defend.

You don't make a player like that captain.

Campbell or 3As. More likely the latter.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
It's pointless to put in on Campbell. He should've gotten it when Jovo was awarded it.

Make it 3 A's for now and see who emerges as the captain.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
It's hard to say really. We have no idea what goes on in the locker room and stuff.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Start with no captain and let GG decide who deserves it. I'm hoping that Guddy steps up his game in every way this year and gives GG no choice but to put the "C" on his jersey. I don't care if he doesn't provide offense. I want to see Guddy be smarter. I want to see him improve his timing, his leadership, his presence. I hope he evolves into a "Mr. Panther", like Mellanby did. I want the NHL to identify the Panthers with Erik Gudbranson. So, Guddy needs to step his game up and become a solid NHL'er. He was pretty close his rookie year and what he did in the playoffs was a great sign of things to come. But, his game regressed the following year. Guddy has to evolve into something special this year. No more mistakes.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Regarding Guddy, I like that he was able to cut down his negative +/- by a good chunk. For as bad as we were last year, that's good for him.

-ghoste

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Not Campbell, because if we're bad, this will likely be his last year here, and even if we aren't, I don't think he'll resign. You like to have a captain for more than a year or 2.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
normally its 1C and 2A, but without a captain don't you get 4A's or am i mistaken? i swear I've seen us with 4 out there sometimes.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Should be Campbell.

Can't see Bolland or Mitchell getting it, even though Mitchell isnt a bad option, due to them being recent signings with no former history with team.

Gudbranson needs to solidify his play some more to get the C. Maybe in a couple years he'll be worthy of it.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
normally its 1C and 2A, but without a captain don't you get 4A's or am i mistaken? i swear I've seen us with 4 out there sometimes.

I don't think it's ever super official. I'm pretty sure the 4 As we had were really 3 with the 4th being an A who was filling in for an injured A.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
2014-15:
A-Campbell
A-Mitchell
A-Bolland/Upshall

2015-16:

C-Bolland
A-Campbell
A-Mitchell/Gudbranson

Edit: Also don't think it'll be long before Ekblad gets an A.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad