Speculation: Next Canucks GM

FireBenningNow

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Alright alright. I know Jim is going to F the upcoming Draft/Free Agency up somehow. I'd like to start a poll on who the best candidate would be to replace him, hopefully sometime this season. I know this is a pipe-dream and the Aquilini's have undoubtedly bought this rebuild starts now BS...But got to start somewhere. :D:popcorn:

Tom sestito

Oct 27, 2014
I voted for Gilman, but I'm more open, as long as we have SOMEONE in the management team that is extremely familiar with the CBA as well as good at managing cap.

I would also prefer to have at least 1 analytics guy.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Modern GM job is too big for one person, the next front office needs to be a Leafs-style team of complimentary execs. I do favour having someone like LouLam or Rutherford as the GM in title, someone with experience to navigate the backroom discussions, etc. Then you need a bunch of bright young types to do the legwork, NOT just ex-NHL players, although being a dumbass jock is not necessarily a disqualifying factor to me.

Toronto has built the front office model for other teams to follow, Canucks need to blast their deadweight into the sun and emulate them asap.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
You did not give us the option to select Jim Benning.

I want Jim Benning as our GM for a very long time.

Trevor Linden on the other hand can go to hell. Same with our ownership team.

Mancesco Franquilini

Vancouver Canucks GM
Jan 5, 2009
Los Angeles
Ff98Gjv.jpg

Mancesco Franquilini

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Considering we don't know when Benning will be let go, or who will be availble at that time, this question is impossible to answer.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

I understand having top 5 picks every year can be exciting, but at some point that would get boring. Gotta move on man, gotta move on.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI

Because the point of the thread is to discuss options we hope will take over from potentially the worst GM in the NHL, and the team's history, after he's fired.

Tally another up for Dubas for me.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Modern GM job is too big for one person, the next front office needs to be a Leafs-style team of complimentary execs. I do favour having someone like LouLam or Rutherford as the GM in title, someone with experience to navigate the backroom discussions, etc. Then you need a bunch of bright young types to do the legwork, NOT just ex-NHL players, although being a dumbass jock is not necessarily a disqualifying factor to me.

Toronto has built the front office model for other teams to follow, Canucks need to blast their deadweight into the sun and emulate them asap.

immolate?

i actually would advocate for him to be named dictator for life, then defenestrated.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Dale Talon should be a choice. Bring in Gilman to crunch numbers, and do all contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad