"News Team Assemble" Sportsnet Broadcast Team Announced

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Read a rare Matheson piece today, but it just appears Louie has a new role. Will be doing interviews and other intermission pieces for Sportsnet now.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I more or less agree. Sportsnet has the big TV contract, but they don't have anyone to call the games

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I find it fascinating people complain about commentators the way hockey fans do.

Not really, plenty of people complain about various sports fans complain about commentators, you just notice hockey more because you're a hockey fan.

Bad announcing can really take away from the enjoyment. Like listening to Damien Cox talk about anything on TV takes away you're enjoyment of life in general.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not really, plenty of people complain about various sports fans complain about commentators, you just notice hockey more because you're a hockey fan.

Bad announcing can really take away from the enjoyment. Like listening to Damien Cox talk about anything on TV takes away you're enjoyment of life in general.

I agree, see a lot of this with NFL.

I will add that if you look around these boards there are people complaining on every possible topic as well, so it's not just commentator complaints.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I agree, see a lot of this with NFL.

I will add that if you look around these boards there are people complaining on every possible topic as well, so it's not just commentator complaints.

Well we would be close to the "great disenfranchised"

As far as bad announcers, who people think are "great" (ex. Jim Hughson), Joe Buck. The average-ish person thinks he's awesome because he does have a great voice, but he's dreadful and tends ruin big moments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad