"News Team Assemble" Sportsnet Broadcast Team Announced

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I'm ****ing pissed that Mike Johnson was added. I can't ****ing stand that dbag. Definitely looking forward to Leah Hextall joining on though.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
I'm ****ing pissed that Mike Johnson was added. I can't ****ing stand that dbag. Definitely looking forward to Leah Hextall joining on though.

i agree 100% mike Johnson is the biggest dbag in hockey "analytics" today. he's an utter moron, and i was looking forward to not having to put up with him anymore.

Last edited:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
How about announcing regional schedules and details on Centre Ice/GameCentre? Why is it taking so bloody long? As for the broadcast team, meh, about what was expected based on the rumors.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
i agree 100% mike Johnson is the biggest dbag in hockey "analytics" today. he's an utter moron, and i was looking forward to not having to put up with him anymore.

Yup. Yet another reason in a long list why Sportsnet can suck it.

Remember when Matt Greene gave him a knee-on-knee hit in 2007? :naughty:

I don't actually, I wish I did. I could use the mental image right about now.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm pretty sure Elliotte Friedman is the only person on the entire list that I actually wouldn't mind listening to.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Wow PJ Stock still has a job? Is it because so many people hate him and watch him to try put a curse on the guy?

I see Sportsnet really got nothing from TSN and just took all CBC guys which generally were considered 2nd rate to begin with.

I do however like that Simpson will be on.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
It blows my mind that PJ Stock still has a job. Listening to him and Healy is bad for my health.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
It blows my mind that PJ Stock still has a job. Listening to him and Healy is bad for my health.

Best thing Healy ever said was calling Stock Count Chocula when he insisted on wearing his jacket collars up.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i dont really get how people can get so worked up about announcers and tv guys. i just like to watch the game, nothing those guys say is going to be something i cant read online (probably here) after anyway. if it makes you so mad just dont watch?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Principe I understand, Quinn not so much...
To me Principe is the most surprising. I don't know anybody that thinks his schtick is funny. I mute all his pre game stuff, it's that bad. Not a fan of Quinn but he doesn't annoy me to the point I have to turn the sound off.

oiLowe

Jan 14, 2009
Calgree
i dont really get how people can get so worked up about announcers and tv guys. i just like to watch the game, nothing those guys say is going to be something i cant read online (probably here) after anyway. if it makes you so mad just dont watch?

Agreed. To be fair though, who watches game live anymore? Stay an hour behind and fast forward through all the nonsense. You will finish the game at the same time as everyone else, saving an hour for something else and you don't have watch all the nonsensical fluff that between period guys have to talk about.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

There was a time where watching intermissions were entertaining to watch. Now a lot of them are hard to watch.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Glen healy is absolutely terrible. My god. Only people worse are John Shannon and Damien Cox God I hate sports net.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00