WWE: News on Wrestlemania's main event; will The Rock wrestle?; Undertaker & Lesnar

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Before The Rock announced that he would appear at WWE's WrestleMania 32 in Dallas, it was reported that he likely would not be wrestling on the event due to an issue with an insurance company that didn't want to cover him for a movie if he was going to be wrestling. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that the insurance issue is still there and Rock will not be wrestling at the biggest show of the year.

The Observer also reported that the current main event for WrestleMania 32 is Triple H vs. Roman Reigns.

There's still no word yet on opponents for Brock Lesnar or The Undertaker. Before John Cena went down with an injury, he was scheduled to face The Undertaker in "The Battle of Legends" but that's not happening unless Cena is able to return ahead of schedule. No one expected Cena to get injured so there were no back-up plans for Taker.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Oh my ****ing god, Roman Reigns vs. Triple H as the Wrestlemania main event... :facepalm:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
So does this mean Triple H is winning the Rumble? Please? I want an actual riot this year, not just merciless booing.

Last edited:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
You already know Owens will get one of Lesnar or Taker and probably do the job.

Well it won't be Owens/Lesnar according to Meltzer.

We did hear that as of last week, Owens was not ever suggested when it comes to a Lesnar opponent.

Most discouraging thing from the newsletter?

The show also featured the big sendoff for Breeze, which was really nice, but by the time it aired, look how it looks now, going from featured star to having really good matches on the main roster and it meaning little so far. We’re told Paul Levesque legitimately wanted him protected and saw him as a heel on the level of Ziggler, which is why he started with Ziggler. Vince started him at that level, but then wasn’t convinced on him and thus his push ended immediately, they stopped putting his entrance on television and they’ve split him up from Summer Rae for apparently no reason since neither have anything new going on, nor was the split built up and a program emerging from it.

Sigh.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Oh my ****ing god, Roman Reigns vs. Triple H as the Wrestlemania main event... :facepalm:

Meanwhile, legitimate draw Daniel Bryan has resorted to pleading with the WWE to clear him via Instagram.

And I don't even dislike Reigns beyond the character...but he's not that great in his role, he was pushed way too soon, and he's not really done a lot to overcome his own weaknesses.

If either win the Rumble, I hope the place gets drowned in a sea of boo's...but then again, that won't change anything.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Well it won't be Owens/Lesnar according to Meltzer.

Most discouraging thing from the newsletter?

Sigh.

Then Owens is doing the job for Taker, I'm guessing. I don't know what else you can do. Wyatt/Taker again? No thank you. Do Wyatt/Lesnar, but the company doesn't care about The Wyatts so what's the use? I'd lol if they go with Strowman vs. Taker like it was rumoured back in October. :laugh:

That Breeze bit is depressing.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well we knew that this was gonna happen with Breeze. He's another of HHH's boys, but he can't protect him on the main roster like he can in NXT. And unfortunately, Breeze isn't good enough (or big enough) to survive without it in a Vince run world. It sucks, but that's how it's going to be.

But it's not the end of the world. He'll be around for a good few years yet, and it's possible to build people up again from jobber land.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
With the success of NXT, you'd think Vince would actually see what's working for them

But the continued waste of talent like Neville, Breeze, and even KO to a smaller extent shows that Vince pays no attention to it
Or he'd realize how good these guys are

Very sad to see that about Breeze

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
With the success of NXT, you'd think Vince would actually see what's working for them

But the continued waste of talent like Neville, Breeze, and even KO to a smaller extent shows that Vince pays no attention to it
Or he'd realize how good these guys are

Very sad to see that about Breeze

Vince is a dinosaur, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he did significant damage to the brand before he kicks off. Given he hasn't walked away yet, and the fact that the company is more or less the only thing that matters to him, it is within the realm of possibility that he runs the company into the ground.

Anyone with half a brain can see that Triple H needs to run the company at this point. My main question is if Paul is going to have the grapes to tell Vince that he's slowly poisoning the thing that he spent his whole life building.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Rumor I read is the plan was to keep the belt on Roman, and they aren't straying from that plan.

So HHH would be the challenger.

If this comes true this might be the worst mania in a while. How can they not have someone lined up for Brock yet? They are literally wasting him and the super rub he has.

Have Brock win the Rumble, then have someone like KO, or even Bullet club Finn come up and beat the beast and you have a mega star over night if you tell the story correctly.

I have zero interest in Wyatt/Brock. He is to broken as a character right now to have any business being in the ring with him. They are jobbing to the ****ing Dudley's on Smackdown.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So you have Roman iron manning the Rumble and going over literally the entire roster.

Someone is actually going to toss ****ing Brock over the top rope.

This is a cluster****.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
There is zero setup for it to be Reigns vs HHH as the main event.

That would mean what, HHH entered the rumble and reigns still won? Ok and HHH fights him at mania because...

OR

HHH screws reigns and someone else becomes champ and THEN you can have HHH vs reigns at mania.

Triple H knows it would makes absolutely no ****ing sense for him to walk out champ from the rumble. He's not vince.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
So you have Roman iron manning the Rumble and going over literally the entire roster.

Someone is actually going to toss ****ing Brock over the top rope.

This is a cluster****.

If reigns tries to iron man the rumble i think he just might die.

Either from his body giving out or him falling into a deep coma from napping. :laugh:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
And people thought Lesnar/Reigns II was a bad idea...Hoo boy.

I can see it too. Triple H decides well ****, you can't put anyone else in the match who's fit for it, may as well be me. (the sad part is he might be right, since the cost of pushing Reigns has come at the cost of the whole ****ing roster.) This likely means Roman will iron-man the rumble. I say that because its no coincidence H stopped winning titles when he did. One short of Flair's record? Something tells me he has too much respect for Flair to consider putting the belt on himself. Triple H will then throw a hissy fit over the next few weeks and decide only he can stop Roman.

So we get muh odds Roman go over everyone, including ****ing Brock Lesnar (meaning someone probably screws him out of the title to get him out of the picture) vs Triple H in what likely would be the most "who gives a ****" mania main event since Undertaker vs Sid. God help us.

That would legit probably be enough to get me to cancel the network, even with all the possible NJPW guys coming in.

Oct 18, 2011
wow if they main event mania with hhh and reigns.....hhh needs to set his ego aside and realize he is not a main event attraction anymore

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Takeover Dallas is looking better every day with how WM is looking

Maybe this is H's real plan :sarcasm:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
At this point HHH vs Reigns might be the most logical choice, despite the unpopularity of such a decision.

The problem was you had all year to build up the likes of Bray Wyatt and Kevin Owens. Instead, Wyatt lost multiple feuds again and Owens was stunted by a bad ending to the feud with Cena and then thrown in meaningless dumb feuds with Ryback and to a lesser extent Ambrose (feud has picked up since the belt changed hands to be fair).

At this point, I'd rather see HHH vs Reigns than Brock/Reigns II. I'd go with Lesnar vs Owens or Wyatt with the heel picking up the win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad