News Article: News & Notes XXXV: You no help me now, I say f*** you Jobu, I do it myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I dont know how people feel about spoilers but it rhymed with "no more"
tenor.gif

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I remember getting a few seasons in and saying to my wife there's only one character i like anymore and if he dies I dont really care anymore. So after he died I stopped watching. From what I understand I didn't miss much
His death was a damn good episode though.

To me it goes sideways pretty much as soon as they outpace the books. They talk exactly how they do in the books until that point, then they sound like the banter was made up by people in skinny jeans sitting in Starbucks with their MacBooks. The actors start sounding like themselves instead of the characters.

It’s a shame, the visuals got more spectacular as the acting got worse. It’s definitely worth watching though, I thought the first half of the last season was great. Those last few episodes leading up to the very end were painful though. Could’ve done so much more with that time.

**I went back to look, I think I got that wrong. I may be thinking of the seventh season that sucked. There’s a stretch where they’re mostly just hanging around waiting for big things to happen, that’s what I’m referring to. I’ve meant to rewatch the last few seasons again.

Last edited:

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

Says he thinks RBA will eventually get his deal closed with the Canes but there’s a gap to be resolved.

RBA has looked super stressed of late in his post game pressers. Give the guy his cash along with some hazard pay for enduring the current conditions.

Like everything else it seems.....

They should BUT _________

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
So uhhh... the NHL on TNT going forward....

Interesting. TNT has their NBA contract (Thursday double-headers plus Tuesdays for half the season), an MLB game of the week, the NCAA Tournament in March, and wrestling on Wednesday nights. Like USA, they've dropped down to a very small amount of original programming, focusing on syndication to fill most of the schedule.

Biggest conflict I see is the NBA playoffs, where TNT airs games from Sunday through Wednesday or Thursday night. It's going to be hard to find space in that schedule.

Could see TNT doing more weekend coverage during the regular season since they don't show much college basketball or NBA weekend games, and then picking up some playoff games around the NBA playoff games. But I wonder if there's enough space there, or if they might utilize TBS for some of the NHL games like they do for the NCAA Tournament.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Interesting. TNT has their NBA contract (Thursday double-headers plus Tuesdays for half the season), an MLB game of the week, the NCAA Tournament in March, and wrestling on Wednesday nights. Like USA, they've dropped down to a very small amount of original programming, focusing on syndication to fill most of the schedule.

Biggest conflict I see is the NBA playoffs, where TNT airs games from Sunday through Wednesday or Thursday night. It's going to be hard to find space in that schedule.

Could see TNT doing more weekend coverage during the regular season since they don't show much college basketball or NBA weekend games, and then picking up some playoff games around the NBA playoff games. But I wonder if there's enough space there, or if they might utilize TBS for some of the NHL games like they do for the NCAA Tournament.
It says that ESPN would handle the primary national rights and TNT the secondary.

I wonder how that would be split up. I can't imagine the NHL getting into a deal where each playoff game isn't available to the national audience, but you're right in that it would get tricky with the NBA sharing the same networks.

One thing I really, really don't want... If this goes through I don't want the NBA guys on TNT to treat the league like some kind of sideshow joke. It was bad enough listening to Stephen A Smith all but mock the ESPN announcement, hearing Barkley and Shaq mock the league would really kind of tick me off.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I dont follow the NBA at all but I'm pretty sure Barkley loves hockey. I think its more likely they try to do more crossover type promotions kinda like how fox or bally does the "tune in and watch the hornets" or whatever but on a bigger scale.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
TNT would knock it out of the park with a broadcast team of Snoop Dogg and Charles Barkley....

I love that Snoop loves him some hockey.

That said, I really, really wish they had recorded more lines for him in the NHL video games. His dialogue got stale in like the 3rd time he appeared.

Reactions: DaveG

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
It says that ESPN would handle the primary national rights and TNT the secondary.

I wonder how that would be split up. I can't imagine the NHL getting into a deal where each playoff game isn't available to the national audience, but you're right in that it would get tricky with the NBA sharing the same networks.

One thing I really, really don't want... If this goes through I don't want the NBA guys on TNT to treat the league like some kind of sideshow joke. It was bad enough listening to Stephen A Smith all but mock the ESPN announcement, hearing Barkley and Shaq mock the league would really kind of tick me off.

Streaming?

HBO Max and/or I saw that Warner is envisioning 2 more streamers (one CNN and the other TBS/TNT & other content): WarnerMedia Reportedly Planning Two More Streaming Services Alongside HBO Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad