News & Notes XLIII: Cam Ward is a Cute lil 10 Year Old

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I think it would be fun if we created a couple of rumors or really push a stereotype during the game.

I.e talk about how we are moving to atl or qc.

Stereotypes: sigh about how cheap TD if we don’t dominate a game. Or just complain about the rules wrongly
Honestly, I'd prefer not to feed any of those narratives on the mains, but it would be up to the GDT creator. I would appreciate threads ruthlessly mocking those narratives, however.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
IIRC there are "expectations" as to the nature of the GDTs, right? I believe Hank's "." GDT got poo poo'd as nobody understood the concept of the low effort GDT.

I'm happy to be wrong on this one as I'd like nothing better than a ... GDT or perhaps a NC BBQ GDT....or a 5-0 loss GDT....well, you get my drift.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
IIRC there are "expectations" as to the nature of the GDTs, right? I believe Hank's "." GDT got poo poo'd as nobody understood the concept of the low effort GDT.

I'm happy to be wrong on this one as I'd like nothing better than a ... GDT or perhaps a NC BBQ GDT....or a 5-0 loss GDT....well, you get my drift.
I had the first few games of the playoffs last season and my theme had been a single sentence such as go win the f***ing division (prior to the playoffs) or go win f***ing game 1. They did not take mine as I recall.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

Yes, that's one of the points in the note, and that one in particular is why I felt the need to share this for transparency's sake, since people were whining about them not taking our GDTs last year. The low effort GDTs started as a cute little superstitious thing during the Mueller and Peters years (worth noting, they did not actually help our record one iota), but they're not going to be interesting to outside fans in any way.

So go ahead and post a low effort GDT if you're on a streak and that's what floats your boat- just don't whine when they don't re-post it on the mains. But this is a chance for y'all GDT posters to show off our special brand of humor to the world, for better or for worse!

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Re goalies in the playoffs I wonder how developed our analytics are as far as where and how other teams score and if one goalie is better in specific situations.

Also I'm wonder if it's like baseball pitchers where a team could get used to trying to create rebounds vs one goalie but then you swap to the one with better rebound control.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Its baseball season start a game day thread referring the the puck as a ball and sticks as bats at least twice each. Or since we are in the mecca of college basketball one referring to "nothing but the bottom of the net" "from way down town bang" ect.

Reactions: DaveG

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Re goalies in the playoffs I wonder how developed our analytics are as far as where and how other teams score and if one goalie is better in specific situations.

Also I'm wonder if it's like baseball pitchers where a team could get used to trying to create rebounds vs one goalie but then you swap to the one with better rebound control.
Let's swap every period and really confuse people.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I feel like we should just nominate another fanbase to create the GDT for us

I could get behind that, but how do we do it? Do we choose a non-playoff fanbase and have them along for the ride?

Or do we choose a Western playoff team (maybe one that plays on the days we don't play) and we have an exchange program where they create ours and we create theirs?

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I could get behind that, but how do we do it? Do we choose a non-playoff fanbase and have them along for the ride?

Or do we choose a Western playoff team (maybe one that plays on the days we don't play) and we have an exchange program where they create ours and we create theirs?
Well, when whoever #9 in the east misses the playoffs in OT after game 82, we'll ask them in their GDT that evening.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Let's swap every period and really confuse people.
Let's swap every shift. Not every stoppage of play, every shift. When Pesce and Skjei hop over the boards, I want Freddie's lazy ass busting it to the bench as well to get a fresh Pyotr out there. Pyotr might even throw a body check or 2 on the way to the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad