News From Around The League - Part XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
No the vote ended 8 AM but they're not announcing the results until the Memo of Understanding is signed (per agreement with the NHL), so presumably it passed otherwise they wouldn't bother with the wait.

Nothing can begin until the document gets finished and signed later today though.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Damn, I was hoping to wake up to some bat**** crazy reactionary trades....

On the other hand,

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
#Isles booked flight for Visnovsky today. He wasn't on it. Appears this will be settled between NHL and KHL now.

Also, I believe this is the plot of Taken 3.

Last edited:

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
StapeNewsday: #Isles booked flight for Visnovsky today. He wasn't on it. Appears this will be settled between NHL and KHL now.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
StapeNewsday: #Isles booked flight for Visnovsky today. He wasn't on it. Appears this will be settled between NHL and KHL now.

Honestly he has made it clear from day 1 he doesnt want to play for the Islanders. If i am an Islander fan or player i dont think i want him in that locker room at all.

Let the NHL and KHL work it out hopefully his contract gets void and with all this whining he did i hope no NHL team even looks at him.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Without Vishnovsky's deal (if it gets voided) the Isles might have to do something crazy just to get to the floor. Even if it doesn't, they're supposedly at just over $50 million with 22 players signed via CapGeek, and no FA's you could really give big contracts to. Ottawa and Phoenix are also a little below the floor.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Without Vishnovsky's deal (if it gets voided) the Isles might have to do something crazy just to get to the floor. Even if it doesn't, they're supposedly at just over $50 million with 22 players signed, and no FA's you could really give big contracts to.

Trade for Wade Redden send a 7th

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Damn, I was hoping to wake up to some bat**** crazy reactionary trades....

On the other hand,

#Isles booked flight for Visnovsky today. He wasn't on it. Appears this will be settled between NHL and KHL now.

Also, I believe this is the plot of Taken 3.

Me too! I thought I would wake up to at least seeing where the goodyear blimp was making a landing, but all I got was this Visnovsky crap, and some BS Don Cherry atricle!:laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Trade for Wade Redden send a 7th

I don't know if the Isles and Rangers would ever trade with each other though. Maybe they'll take on Gomez's contract (especially since it's much more of a cap hit than actual salary at this point) and get yet another reject ex-Devil in there :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know if the Isles and Rangers would ever trade with each other though. Maybe they'll take on Gomez's contract and get yet another reject ex-Devil in there :laugh:

Haha didn't they try to send Gomez there, and he blocked the trade cause of his no trade clause?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I could picture that happening, I wonder if people will still stay away from the Isles in droves once they move to Brooklyn?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I could picture that happening, I wonder if people will still stay away from the Isles in droves once they move to Brooklyn?

I wonder if that was before they signed Pandolfo is Gomez did indeed block it? They're really good friends, and I figured at least if Jay was there he would give it a shot!

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I don't know if the Isles and Rangers would ever trade with each other though.

They did almost send Palffy to the Rangers back in the day before Bettman intervened. The Kings then almost got Palffy for peanuts but the first trade got vetoed by the league too.

Looks like the Caps are bringing back Eric Fehr on a cheap one year deal. That might take them out of the running for Sykora (even though McPhee denied interest to begin with).

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
BAbb82TCcAAzhef.jpg:large

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
They did almost send Palffy to the Rangers back in the day before Bettman intervened. The Kings then almost got Palffy for peanuts but the first trade got vetoed by the league too.

Looks like the Caps are bringing back Eric Fehr on a cheap one year deal. That might take them out of the running for Sykora (even though McPhee denied interest to begin with).

Fehr seems to have regained his form in the FEL. I was wondering if he might be worth a look on our wings but those shoulders are a worrisome issue.

I still have to believe there is a move to be made in moving an excess D-man. I still wonder if Chris Stewart could be had or would be worth pursuing.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs
Confirmed with Jay Pandolfo that he'll be here in Bruins camp starting tomorrow. Great chance for the Burlington High product #BruinsTalk

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So are we going to have to wait till 11:59 for everything to be released and get started? The lawyers probably want to use every last billable hour they can (as if they haven't made enough money with this lockout) :P

apice3*

Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs
Confirmed with Jay Pandolfo that he'll be here in Bruins camp starting tomorrow. Great chance for the Burlington High product #BruinsTalk

I hope he makes the team. Real shot at one more Cup before retiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad