News From Around the League Part XLVIII - FREE AGENT NOT-MUCH-FRENZY Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Marty plays again, I think it will be in St Louis or Anaheim. One of those two teams will struggle, due to question marks in net.

I don't think he will, but if he does play again it will be there. Or for the Devils if Cory has a long term injury.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
If Marty plays again, I think it will be in St Louis or Anaheim. One of those two teams will struggle, due to question marks in net.

I don't think he will, but if he does play again it will be there. Or for the Devils if Cory has a long term injury.

I might even throw San Jose into that mix if things don't go well there. But like you, I think it's unlikely he plays this year. It kind of sucks to see him hanging on like this, but it's his choice.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
McKenzie thinks Leddy's all but gone. Wouldn't shock me if they dealt him off to their farm team in Florida.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 4m4 minutes ago
#Isles are very close to acquiring CHI D Nick Leddy, according to sources. Have not heard what would go back to CHI yet.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 45s45 seconds ago
Breaking: #Isles have acquired D Johnny Boychuk from the Bruins for a 2015 2nd, a 2016 2nd and a conditional 2015 3rd round pick.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Corey Pronman @coreypronman
Boychuk is a 1-1.5 win player who is a pending FA. Two seconds are ~ close to that in value. NYI get slight value in this deal in end 1/2

Corey Pronman @coreypronman
Boychuk is a 1-1.5 win player who is a pending FA. Two seconds are ~ close to that in value. NYI get slight value in this deal in end 1/2

Islanders have one of the best farm systems and a very young team. Okay for them to improve their defense.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 2m2 minutes ago
Have not confirmed yet, but it appears #Isles are indeed also acquiring Nick Leddy from Chicago. Stay tuned...

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Yeah just like they could always trade Vanek at the deadline for a first round pick.

They got a 2nd round pick and a solid prospect in Collberg.

I agree with Corey Pronman that the NYI made a good trade. NYI farm system is stack. They lack dependable D and just got a REALLY good one in Boychuk. Guy is very underrated if you think he is worth less than 2 - 2nd round picks.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
They got a 2nd round pick and a solid prospect in Collberg.

I agree with Corey Pronman that the NYI made a good trade. NYI farm system is stack. They lack dependable D and just got a REALLY good one in Boychuk. Guy is very underrated if you think he is worth less than 2 - 2nd round picks.

hes a free agent in 9 months. the Islanders are not close to being a contending team.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 1m1 minute ago
Official: #Isles acquire D Nick Leddy from CHI for D Ville Pokka, D T.J. Brennan and G Anders Nilsson.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Bravo to the Isles management for trying. If I were a fan of the team, I'd be happy. Lots of young guys in the lineup and they need to create a winning culture sometime.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
‏@TSNBobMcKenzie · 4m4 minutes ago
“@StapeNewsday: Official: #Isles acquire D Nick Leddy from CHI for D Ville Pokka, D T.J. Brennan, G Anders Nilsson.†Big day on the Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad