News From Around the League - Part XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
I'm getting to the point where I might want Rangers to win if they played Pens in a conference final.

I'm getting to the point that in a 1 vs 8 match up in the first round I'd want the Rangers to win and then lose in the second round. If its the conference finals then there is no way I'd want the Rangers to win to go to the Cup Final. I don't want the Stanley Cup to even be in the same building they are playing a game in.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
"i want to play w/crosby"

i hate this ****.

I have to admit, seeing half the league fall over themselves to get to Pittsburgh dissipates some of my annoyance with Mr. Minnesota. At least he didn't run to the Crosby bandwagon.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have to admit, seeing half the league fall over themselves to get to Pittsburgh dissipates some of my annoyance with Mr. Minnesota. At least he didn't run to the Crosby bandwagon.

I didn't wanna bring it up, but I'm thinking the same thing. Though at the same time I said had he gone to Pittsburgh he had a better chance to win. Even if Minnesota's doing good I think he had a better chance to win a Cup there in Pittsburgh. Even before Iginla got there. If Zach was there they probably wouldn't have gotten Iginla though, and if they did he'd just be a rental. He still could be just a rental for all we know.

apice3*

It just further proves he chased money

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

If it was a pure money grab he would have taken the initial $110 million offer or whatever it was before he gave up some of it to get Suter there. He could have gotten similar/even better money offers elsewhere (Philly)

NHL Fanatik*

First of all, why is it such a crime for Parise to go play in his home-state, with a good friend of his in Suter... Not everything is about money. Yes, it had an impact, but quit making it sound like he pulled a Gomez.

And WOW at the butthurt of the Boston fans who are saying how Iginla led them on, and they will forever boo him, and he is classless... As if Iginla had to go to Boston. The man can do whatever he chooses, and I sure as hell never heard him say "I'm going to Boston"

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I think the main reason why Zach left was because of his dad. I'll forever believe that, but it's all in the past now. Don't care either way.

edit: i don't know how anyone can not see how j.p played a role. he tried to sabotage the ECF last spring w/his torts/rangers comments

Last edited:

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

It can also mean that he wanted to be closer to his family and friends, wich so happens to be in Minnesota. Money was also a key part in his decision and anyone that would've been in his shoes would've done the same.

The same goes for Gomez and Holik... you don't brush off all that cash, like a idiot, cause you'll piss off your ex-fanbase.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really don't wanna talk about it anymore but I believe Zach chased the money. However I think he took a discount just to get Ryan on board, and I don't doubt that playing in his home state played a role.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Iginla led someone on, considering Ciarelli said they were told they had a deal at noon yesterday. Or Feaster did. Bruin fans have a right to be annoyed at someone, whether it's at Feaster or Iginla is debatable.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

He got handed a bag of cash... would anyone who's in his position decline that offer, seriously.

I doubt it very much.

NHL Fanatik*

It can also mean that he wanted to be closer to his family and friends, wich so happens to be in Minnesota. Money was also a key part in his decision and anyone that would've been in his shoes would've done the same.

The same goes for Gomez and Holik... you don't brush off all that cash, like a idiot, cause you'll piss off your ex-fanbase.

When I said pull a "Gomez" I was talking in terms of taking more money from a team that has done nothing for you, over a team that gave you great oppourtunities.... Aka a Stanley Cup. That is when you don't take more money...

In Parise's case, it was not all about money. He did it for much better reasons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He got handed a bag of cash... would anyone who's in his position decline that offer, seriously.

I doubt it very much.

Likely not as far as I can tell. Marty is the only one who took less money to stay. Even Elias didn't take any discounts from us. I also have to say Langenbrunner signed for a pretty good contract as much as his ending sucked.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't know how Iggy is going to react to the new city, the travel differences, and the different style of play. And also of not being "the guy".

It might not be an easy, quick transition. We all know how long it took Kovy to buy into something different, but that's a terrible example.

We'll see...

That did cross my mind last night. He isn't a spring chicken anymore either. Still a good move for Pitt, and as others said in the last thread they need to go for it as this window is going to close soon as they can't resign everyone...on top of them having to hope a lot of prospects pan out for that D to ever get better.

And since it was brought up AGAIN...yes I think Zach chased the money too. Reason why the two of them didn't go to Detroit it seemed. They offered Zach less then Suter, so he went to the Wild.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Likely not as far as I can tell. Marty is the only one who took less money to stay. Even Elias didn't take any discounts from us. I also have to say Langenbrunner signed for a pretty good contract as much as his ending sucked.

Now a days, players just want to get paid and that's that. Marty took a "discount" so we can dress a competitive team but you won't see that anymore.

He's a exception and not the norm ;)

NHL Fanatik*

Trix Yogurt reference...

"Silly Boston fans, Iginla's going to Pittsburgh"

Ohh the childhood memories...

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
You don't think Parise left for money, more specifically being front loaded the first 3 years? I have a bridge to sell you if you really believe the stuff he was spewing.

What exactly has the Wild "done for you already" prior to signing? How are they closer to a cup then if he stayed here?

Promise, it's a big bridge with high traffic. You'll make a Parise-load.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
iggy-gone1.jpg

I'm getting to the point where I might want Rangers to win if they played Pens in a conference final.
No offense, but that`s just silly.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
No offense, but that`s just silly.

Personally I'd want the Rangers to beat the Pens since we have a better shot against NYR. The Devils have to get up to the 6th seed to open up some playoff possibilities.

(Unless Boston stays 4 and MTL is 2nd... then 6/7 is okay)

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I think I might dislike the Pens more than the Flyers. seriously. I despise that franchise. Plus 1999 still pisses me off. Those were some of my first playoff memories and it was devastating. Then they have Martin (I want to win NOW!!!), and Neal who likes to take shots at our attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad