News Around the League Part IV: Offseason chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I've made that comparison for a while but if anything Holland is getting far worse locking in stupid long long term deals for meh and older players. There is also that whole playoff streak dynamic, it's like KH is obsessed with never missing the postseason.

Detroit's situation with all those aging players locked up for many years to come could definitely get uglier than what we saw in NJ. I get the Zetterberg and Kronwall contracts were from an era when that might have been hard to avoid doing, but to add to those issues this off-season with some of the moves Holland made just boggles my mind. And I do think that Holland (or someone higher up in Detroit) is maybe too focused on keeping the playoff streak alive at all costs, using old players as stopgap measures.

Things look bleak for Detroit's future apart from players like Larkin or Mrazek. I feel sorry for Detroit fans, to be honest. They seem like a nice bunch overall, and this has got to have been a really rough off-season for them. As to us, we might be starting to find the light at the end of the tunnel that doesn't seem to be an oncoming train. If we squeak back into the playoffs this year, our playoff drought won't be that long, all things considered, though it would have felt really endless going through it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad