News and Notes XXII: Now With More Finnish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I would guess that would be considered tampering from the acquiring Club's part. He's under exclusive SPC to Canes and can be extended July 1st by Canes or the acquiring Club after the trade and the transfer of the SPC.

Canes probably could sign and trade him in cooperation with the acquiring Club to the terms agreed by the Club and Skinner but with Canes as the middle man. But I believe officially the Club can't talk to Skinner over the head of Canes.

Canes may be allowed to allow the talks between the prospective trades partner and the player.

The Canes are absolutely allowed to allow talks, starting July 1, the trade then happens and then the extension. It's not tampering if the Canes allow it, and it's been done before, most notably with Drouin. That's probably the best way to go at this point- Skinner gets both certainty and a payday, and we get a MUCH larger return because the team isn't worried about him walking after the season. If we know that Skinner isn't a fit under the current regime, or if we know that he's not planning on resigning, then we need to let him negotiate the deal he wants, and then make the team he wants to go to pay through the nose to make it happen. I spent most of the season calling Garth Snow a moron for not doing exactly that with Tavares, if you know you're not gonna be keeping a pending UFA, it's the way to get the best return you're gonna get. And since the team still has a lot of control, they can also tell Skinner that he can negotiate any deal he wants with a team in the western conference or whatever as well.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So we gonna trade every player that we draft? Hanifin, Lindholm, Skinner, Faulk.

Makes sense because Most of the roster was comprised of guys we drafted. Slavin, Pesce, Fleury, Hanifin, Lindholm, Skinner, Aho, McGinn, Rask, PDG, and soon to be Necas, Svechnikov, and Bean. The only notable guys left that we didn’t draft are Staal, Williams, TT and TVR and Darling.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Is part of “getting comfortable” waiting for Buffalo to pay ROR’s $7.5 million bonus?

1) I don't see Skinner waiving to go to buffalo. I think he would waive for a more likely playoff spot.

2) I don't see buffalo taking a 1 year contract as a major piece for ROR. Even Faulk is too short of term. They want young cost controlled players. The best available chips the canes had just went to Calgary.

Last edited:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
jordan is brind'amour's pet project. it seems like he views peters era jordan as maurice era brind'amour where his offensive game suffered considerably for the role he was asked to play. laviolette performed career cpr on brind'amour when he expanded his role and asked him to revert back to thinking offensively again. it wouldn't surprise me if brind'amour has similar plans for jordan based on offseason rhetoric. worry less about the system and more about the effort. it might be something of a mantra for a team that has been somewhat stifled in a really conservative posture. brind'amour doesn't strike me as a tactician. he's more of a player's coach/motivator than a system coach.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
attacking lol? all i did was politely correct him about the hurricanes having russian teaamates before, and then he subtweeted me multiple times, first to say that ukraine/kazakhstan aren't part of russia, then to say that he actually was talking about "born and raised russians" once he did his wikpedia research and found out that babchuk/khudobin actually had russian citizenship, then quote tweeted me to send his followers after me after i called him the dumbest person online on my own account (without tagging him).

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
attacking lol? all i did was politely correct him about the hurricanes having russian teaamates before, and then he subtweeted me multiple times, first to say that ukraine/kazakhstan aren't part of russia, then to say that he actually was talking about "born and raised russians" once he did his wikpedia research and found out that babchuk/khudobin actually had russian citizenship, then quote tweeted me to send his followers after me after i called him the dumbest person online on my own account (without tagging him).

yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad