News and Notes XVI: RF's Vision Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

I wish they showed it here, but he wears garbage bags while he's running to make weight. In the book anyways. I haven't watched the movie in years.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Ok, I'll embrace the off-topic...I wrestled through 9th grade. Through 5th, I got pretty good at soccer until I moved 10 miles outside of the city, where they didn't offer soccer, and all of the "popular" boys wrestled. Looking back, I've always resented that about the rural school system. At the end of my freshman year, I moved to a city in a different state where it was decidedly unpopular to wrestle, and because I sucked anyway, I stopped. My experience has always caused me to think of it as a very rural sport, therefore it's best days are well behind it, but gotta give respect to guys who are good at it.

When's the draft start, again...? ;-)

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I'm excited about Foegele. No idea about his skill, but love his speed and aggressiveness.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Tweaked the title to make it closer to "on topic". Here's to hoping RF finds some good peyote and conjures up a way to find a goalie.

Don't like it when they wait till the end to get it done. Foegele should've been done already.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Yep, Foegele should have been done within a couple days of Kingston getting eliminated IMHO. Not sure why the wait or the holdup.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Probably just as cost effective to have Joni watch Saarela and the Finnish junior league than to fly someone out there a bunch of times a season. Though whoever found Aho certainly was doing a good enough job.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Well, he knows (to a point) when it's time to say "enough" for a bit, so he's definitely got that going for him over our other friend there.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
While I was at work last nite, some guy at my bar I was talking to told me that Selänne, while very good, was not a great player because, after his 76 goal rookie season, he never came close to 70 again, even though he played 21 seasons...

Still trying to wrap my head around how stupid that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad