Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
63565340.jpg

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I heard a rumor we're trading Ryan Murphy AND his skinny pants for a sack of potatoes, contingent upon a physical and of course, he has to finish cleaning up the rest of those damn styrofoam peanuts.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
GP, there is a third option. If you're brave enough.

ept_sports_nhl_experts-714967539-1239250832.jpg

So I sat near them a couple years ago - its a mother and daughter. Those jerseys are even more garish in real life...at this point I'm leaning towards my Caps-Pens Winter Classic Malkin jersey. Those things are like the ultimate Pens jinx, so much so the Pens stopped wearing them early after they became their thirds. Or would that counteract the jersey jinx I've got going on? :cry:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
remember that time we had vrbata then traded him for nothing of note

that was cute

It wasn't quite nothing of note. I'll try to pull a Tarheel here but I'll just be an apprentice aping the master. IIRC the trade was Vrbata for future considerations and those future considerations turned into a 2007 4th round pick which was packaged into the Danny Richmond-Anton Babchuk trade. That 2007 4th rounder was then included in the package that went to St. Louis for Doug Weight, so you could argue that Vrbata helped us land Weight.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
i argue that there were other things in our organization worth a 4th round pick that could be packaged there to get weight

but maybe i am wrong

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
No, but we have Rattie now on the first line so we'll be fine.

Does anyone understand why? There are now 3 wingers who've had success in that spot in Ryan, Lindholm, and Stempniak. So they snag an AHL lifer, and stick him there for awhile. I can't figure it out.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
NHL Network talking about how the Canes are well coached/structured, but just lack the firepower. Missing support from a good offensive center. I wonder if there is one available.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
NHL Network talking about how the Canes are well coached/structured, but just lack the firepower. Missing support from a good offensive center. I wonder if there is one available.

Ideally I'd trade you Monahan for Lindholm and Slavin/Hanifin, but it seems like that won't end up well. Instead I'll propose Monahan for Lindholm and Pesce/Fleury, and if Fleury maybe another piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad