News Article: News and Note XXVIII: The Jerky Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Is it Jordan Staal’s time?

by Matt Karash | Feb 22, 2019 | Daily Cup of Joe
When Staal does return, I will be watching him closely. I think timing could not be more perfect for him to make a huge play as a leader of the team. The team is still winning, but entering the final quarter of the season could use a jolt right about now to find a higher gear and keep pushing upward.
On the one hand, the team’s success affords Staal the chance to quietly slide back into the lineup, take a slightly lesser role and minutes initially and gradually play his way up from there. That seems to be an okay path, but I much more so want to see Staal make a statement of the kind that provides the next burst of energy for this team. Within the first couple games, I would like to see Staal make a statement that immediately embraces the urgency of the current situation and rises to a high level to meet it.
Jordan Staal has been a leader on the team for some time now, but right now is the time for him to finally lead this team to success. Because the team does not desperately need it right now, I actually think if Staal rises up like I hope that it will have a profound impact on the team.
Is it Jordan Staal’s time? | Canes & Coffee

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Obviously, there's a long, long way to go. And there's lots of factors from the difficult schedule, to the fact that we've been playing so well, we could overplay what our current overall pace is. But we are currently on pace for 95 points. That would be the third best season in franchise history. Second best season could be in play, as the current second best was 97 in 2008-2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad