GDT: New York Rangers @ Your New Jersey Devils, 3 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I'm starting to get nervous about Blackwood he's not playing confident and looks like he's struggling to see the puck.....Got to hope he's the answer in net....Georgiev looking like the better goalie at this stage in their development. Liked the beginning of the year but not impressed lately.........
I have no confidence in him this season. I still think he will be the guy long term.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Team sucks. No other way around it. Pretty embarrassing. Don't see how next season goes much differently. The defense is horrible as a whole, although subban has been a stud. And Smith/Severson show some promise obviously. No game breaking skill up front besides maybe Bratt - and no, i don't consider Hughes that. Idk what in the world is going on with Blackwood but assuming his save % is now sub .900 which speaks for itself. Not good.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I am on board with this as long as we don't give Hamilton a mega deal.
That would be the only way he would even consider coming here...

People ( not saying you ) want this team to go out and sign the star FA every yr and they don't realize even if we overpay vastly ( the only way to attract these guys here ) it still probably doesn't get it done

Reactions: TheDuke93

Camille the Eel

He’s been fighting things more of late but today definitely wasn’t on him so much. It was more a result of poor special teams and egregious turnovers by the defense.

One thing I can’t wait for is our finishing ability to improve because it seems we have to grind and grind for a goal while other teams manage to capitalize on the grade A chances our team gives them.

We’re getting there. Time to convert those post shots into goals. :laugh:
On the first power play goal everyone misreads that slap pass - especially the low weak side defenseman who has no excuse for doing so.

On their second goal - Siegenthalers turnover - there are technique issues. Blackwood is late reading the play and then doesn’t come across compact and the puck gets under his arm as he’s all strung out and almost over playing.

He’s the best we’ve got but definitely has been better lately when he’s had a little more rest. He’s looking shell shocked and ragged.

A big lanky guy and he can definitely benefit from remaining more compact and square to the play when moving from side to side.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Team sucks. No other way around it. Pretty embarrassing. Don't see how next season goes much differently. The defense is horrible as a whole, although subban has been a stud. And Smith/Severson show some promise obviously. No game breaking skill up front besides maybe Bratt - and no, i don't consider Hughes that. Idk what in the world is going on with Blackwood but assuming his save % is now sub .900 which speaks for itself. Not good.
Sounds pretty stupid to me, but don’t let me stop you from being miserable!

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Lmfao.

Reactions: Hisch13r

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Blackwood looks, to me at least, like a goalie who is going to be unreal for 2-3 week, maybe a month stretch, then very average for a stretch.
Yes but let's see if better defense takes the very average stretches to good enough and the great stretches to unreal.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
That would be the only way he would even consider coming here...

People ( not saying you ) want this team to go out and sign the star FA every yr and they don't realize even if we overpay vastly ( the only way to attract these guys here ) it still probably doesn't get it done
Not entirely true. He very well could see a young team loaded with potential. Not saying I disagree with you but it has certainly happened before.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006

Y'all are stuck in this mirage that there is progress. Maybe there is, but im not sold. Underestimate what going into games expecting to lose can do, which is where they are right now. Ask the buffalo sabres.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
38-B8977-A-9460-41-F2-A984-7-DD78-F0-E8-E8-E.jpg

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Y'all are stuck in this mirage that there is progress. Maybe there is, but im not sold. Underestimate what going into games expecting to lose can do, which is where they are right now. Ask the buffalo sabres.
We have two very good young centers a very good young defensemen and a lot of high quality prospects in the system. This is before considering all the other young players who are showing they belong in the league. Stay pessimistic though man, sky's falling.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
We have iced some bad teams over the last few seasons. That being said this one is the worst when it comes to literally everything aside from bring super young. We are bad statistically at all the key stats to being a good team. Atleast we have the future to look forward to with another lottery pick and another 1st rounder joining the fold. Fitzgerald is going to have to try to get some veterans to help get this team stabilized. The coaching staff specifically on the special teams hopefully gets a wake up call too. It doesnt take a genius to see that the team looks clueless every game on the powerplay and if Fotzgerald doesnt force the hand than that will be very disappointing.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
We have iced some bad teams over the last few seasons. That being said this one is the worst when it comes to literally everything aside from bring super young. We are bad statistically at all the key stats to being a good team. Atleast we have the future to look forward to with another lottery pick and another 1st rounder joining the fold. Fitzgerald is going to have to try to get some veterans to help get this team stabilized. The coaching staff specifically on the special teams hopefully gets a wake up call too. It doesnt take a genius to see that the team looks clueless every game on the powerplay and if Fotzgerald doesnt force the hand than that will be very disappointing.
Do you want to share what you consider “all the key stats to being a good team”?

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Well for one he gets to play with Jaccob Slavin 5on5. I can't think of any teams that can afford him that offers a better LD partner stylistically. He has a bunch of great forwards to play with. Aho, Svechnikov, Trochek, Necas with a third line featuring Stall and Niederreiter. First power play minutes and gets 51% of his draws in the O-zone.

Reactions: Alex NJD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad