GDT: New York Rangers @ Your New Jersey Devils, 3 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
He's been a negative 5v5 in terms of goals since Shara and Kouk have been on his line.

But I'm not calling him a negative, or a problem. I'm saying he if scored as much as his possession suggests he should we'd be much better.
I am assuming this counts 5 EN goals against?

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Really liked everything I saw from Foote on Nico's goal. Trails in after Merkley at the right moment, then wins the battle and timing is perfect on finding Merkley. He's the guy who wins the battle but it's like he's already waiting for Merkley to get in position to make that pass.

Just one play but definitely squares with the reports of his hockey IQ being pretty good.

That being said, I didn't watch this game.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Well it’s still early fir Siegenthaler. Let’s see what an offseason and training camp can do for him.

That could be painful. All indications say it will. Considering what they gave up to get this. Sure an UFA could have left. This guy could be let go, probably will be. Better to have tried to sign the UFA. Good UFA defensemen aren't coming to the Devils or NJ unless for max dollars and just ride the contract out like PK. $9M defensemen playing like a $4M player. OH well, it is better to get young offensive players and have the youngest players and at the lowest cost. Is Nico happy, probably not he wants to win and be on a winning team. Jack Hughes, what do they have? A frustrated offensive player. But we have Zacha, OH Boy. This is the worse rebuild I have ever seen, length of time, since Shero showed up. I am just bitching.

Bankers Box

Aug 26, 2009
Would have liked to have stolen at least one of these games to end the Ranger's hopes but it wasn't meant to be.

No Zajac, Palms, Kulikov, Vats, Bratt, Zacha, and an extremely rusty Nico.

The Rangers were better b.c they have some good vets, their young players did pretty much nothing during these 4 games. Jack was on another level than any of their youth unless you count Fox, that guy is awesome.

Seemed like almost every mistake ended up in the back of the goal and the young guys made a lot of mistakes the past week.

Camille the Eel

On Siegenthaler, the 2d goal we surrendered, that backhand pass into his own slot was a blunder. You don't want a Defenseman to ever make a backhand exit pass into his own slot.

What was he doing over there on the off side anyway? Since we tied the game, it's kind of forgotten but it was not a good play.

Too bad we couldn't get it at least to OT once we had the game tied. We needed to play a different game once we tied it up. That was the sign of an immature team, a club not playing smart hockey.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Would have liked to have stolen at least one of these games to end the Ranger's hopes but it wasn't meant to be.

No Zajac, Palms, Kulikov, Vats, Bratt, Zacha, and an extremely rusty Nico.

The Rangers were better b.c they have some good vets, their young players did pretty much nothing during these 4 games. Jack was on another level than any of their youth unless you count Fox, that guy is awesome.

Seemed like almost every mistake ended up in the back of the goal and the young guys made a lot of mistakes the past week.
The one thing I will say is that while there are plenty of guys that made mistakes most of them made up for their blunders one way or another. Our PP/PK still sunk us more then any individual mistakes, we win one maybe two of these games if they aren't literally atrocious and I put that more on coaching then the players.

Camille the Eel

The one thing I will say is that while there are plenty of guys that made mistakes most of them made up for their blunders one way or another. Our PP/PK still sunk us more then any individual mistakes, we win one maybe two of these games if they aren't literally atrocious and I put that more on coaching then the players.
The coaching definitely has to take a good deal of the blame for the PK. Because can it really be personnel first and foremost. We should be able to field at least an average PK. And you do notice the ease that the puck moves both across our ice through our PK and also around our box. The moment we lose the faceoff we look beaten.

Also, dare I say that the D is generally a shambles minus Kulikov and Vatanen these last few games. Qualitatively, just watching it - I haven’t looked at stats - it just looks like we are back in the worst days of the prior tank years. Suppose we should be happy with Smith and Sevs now this year, but we really do feel like we’ve fallen off the old cliff.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
I think an overpayment is the only way he comes here. We’re not the most attractive destination
I think there's certainly reasons that should make us an attractive destination but most players in FA look at instant gratification it seems.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
That could be painful. All indications say it will. Considering what they gave up to get this. Sure an UFA could have left. This guy could be let go, probably will be. Better to have tried to sign the UFA. Good UFA defensemen aren't coming to the Devils or NJ unless for max dollars and just ride the contract out like PK. $9M defensemen playing like a $4M player. OH well, it is better to get young offensive players and have the youngest players and at the lowest cost. Is Nico happy, probably not he wants to win and be on a winning team. Jack Hughes, what do they have? A frustrated offensive player. But we have Zacha, OH Boy. This is the worse rebuild I have ever seen, length of time, since Shero showed up. I am just bitching.

We're aware.:P

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Fun fact: Today was our shower for our first child whose due date is next month and the name we happened to choose is Nolan.

Nolan Foote makes his debut on the same day and gets his first point.

If that isn’t a sign that things will inevitably turn around, I don’t know what is. :laugh:

Hope the yutes keep giving us something to be hopeful for.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Fun fact: Today was our shower for our first child whose due date is next month and the name we happened to choose is Nolan.

Nolan Foote makes his debut on the same day and gets his first point.

If that isn’t a sign that things will inevitably turn around, I don’t know what is. :laugh:

Hope the yutes keep giving us something to be hopeful for.

Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I'm starting to get nervous about Blackwood he's not playing confident and looks like he's struggling to see the puck.....Got to hope he's the answer in net....Georgiev looking like the better goalie at this stage in their development. Liked the beginning of the year but not impressed lately.........

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'm starting to get nervous about Blackwood he's not playing confident and looks like he's struggling to see the puck.....Got to hope he's the answer in net....Georgiev looking like the better goalie at this stage in their development. Liked the beginning of the year but not impressed lately.........

He’s been fighting things more of late but today definitely wasn’t on him so much. It was more a result of poor special teams and egregious turnovers by the defense.

One thing I can’t wait for is our finishing ability to improve because it seems we have to grind and grind for a goal while other teams manage to capitalize on the grade A chances our team gives them.

We’re getting there. Time to convert those post shots into goals. :laugh:

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
at this point, just hoping the kids can get points if they can’t get wins and hope they actually get to practice next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad