• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, his deadline move looks a lot better now with both new acquires doing magic out there - you can`t really evaluate trades until some years to see what you have in return, and if we hit in the draft we will certainly compete as early as next year. I was a bit afraid and disappointed when they moved Ryan Mc. at the deadline, because I was hoping for their young D and some big names in return like Callan Foote, but we have yet too see Howden & Libor Hajek so I`m positive! :)

culex

Oct 23, 2016
I'm really glad we finally won a game. It certainly wasn't the prettiest by any means, especially against a...huh, I hear coyotes howling outside. Okay. Sorry, took me by surprise cause usually they start howling at a much later hour...lol. ANY ways...

As I was saying, it wasn't the prettiest game especially when the Canucks are another rebuilding/bottom 5 team, but it was still fun to watch. You can tell a lot of the kids are seriously trying to make an impression with the time they have up in the NHL, so it's refreshing to see that youthful energy out there. Dave said it best in the post-game in that, what we're likely seeing are guys who are simply happy to be in the NHL; a wide-eyed/innocent kind of hockey is being played and maybe it's why it's been a lot more fun to watch lately. I mean, maybe it's not fun for everyone but at least for me, I would certainly agree with him. Either way, I think they have been doing the best they can given the circumstances. They deserved a win and I'm glad they finally got one.

And no more deserving of a win is Hank (50+ SOG!?). I do worry about him because we all know how hyper-competitive he is, that I imagine this rebuild isn't very easy for him to accept. I hope this win will help him and the main-stay roster players adjust to the rebuild, though. Now having broken the 7-game losing streak and with the deadline over, I think everyone will be able to better focus on turning over a new leaf here.

Rest of this season will be an interesting one.

P.S. Would you guys slot in Kampfer or Smith in place of O'Gara?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’m not worried about Henrik’s emotional state, by the way. Sorry.

(That’s not directed at anyone in particular. I just see lots of people mentioning...kind of a theme).

Reactions: pld459666

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I’m not worried about Henrik’s emotional state, by the way. Sorry.

(That’s not directed at anyone in particular. I just see lots of people mentioning...kind of a theme).
I really don’t think he’s in as poor of a mental state as people on here make him out to be lol, he always focuses on the positives in interviews and talks about that light and the end of the tunnel. He still genuinely believes he will hoist the cup with the Rangers one day, he loves this team and he is fine.

Reactions: egelband

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Spooner skates and uses his space/angles very well. Sick pass on the OT goal. As much as we want a better draft pick, it feels great to get a win after L7 straight. But without Hank we probably lose 8-5 or something against the 'Nucks, so, yeah. More losses to come

Reactions: TheTakedown

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
Namestnikov and Spooner were chosen the 1st star of the night, both of them. It can encourage newcomers!

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Interesting article by Larry Brooks about how Hayes, Namestikov, Spooner, and Vesey all need raises and not all will be back. I think we all know Zuc is the one who will be traded so maybe all four will be back. Vesey shouldn't cost much.

Namestikov is here to stay I'm pretty sure, he'll get a five year deal, but Spooner is the interesting one. If he continues to perform like turn back the clock Zuc, do they make him part of the new core?

This team as of now is still too small and not gritty enough.

The irony is, if they go into next year with most of this squad and only add a few rookies and a depth UFA like a Filpulla, Calvert, Letestu, it's the defense that needs work. It almost makes sense to pay Carlson the big bucks and go for him, but that's counter productive to a rebuild and just trading McD, and Smith is still hanging around.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
I wasn't able to watch the game, but they gave the first two stars to players on the losing team? Was it deserved? I don't think I've seen that before.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Gotta keep Namestnikov. Losing him at this point is dumb.

Chytil and Andersson might not be ready. Losing him too early could end up in a tank worse than this year

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Idk if anyone posted this yet, but hot damn does Gilmour have a set of wheels on him. That separation speed is ridiculous.

Reactions: will1066

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Finally got a win.

Few things:

Hank was God like

Fast was pretty bad defensively in the 3rd. Completely lost track of Boeser on the game tying goal. That wasnt the only faulty play.

Namestnikov is fantastic at carrying the puck into the zone. Just oozes possession. His game was really good last night. One weak play in front of the net in the 2nd but Hank bailed him out. But man he was good. Always around the puck all game.

Spooner also around the puck a lot. He was solid in the game. Like him a lot. Him and Nam are a breath of fresh air. Those two can play. They just keep going.

Hayes had a great all around game.

Zibanejad was meh other than the goal he scored imo.

Carey was just crap. Awful at clearing pucks.

The bottom line though is it was the same issues we have had for the last two years and that is AV needs to go. His defensive system is ATROCIOUS. All game there are open players in our own end, the wings are too loose on the pointmen and not tight enough to the boards. Pucks get distributed around too easily. The opposing unit of 5 skates circles around us pinning us, especially the 4th line. God McLeod needs to go. He is terrible. But i really think if you had a better defensive system you could manage with this group of 6, let alone when you have Shatty healthy and I really believe Smith makes his way back next year. Need a better system

Last edited:
Reactions: ponytrekker

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
McLeod has no redeeming value. At least Carey will chip in the occasional good play or goal. Vesey had some good spurts, but his passing... ugh. We just need to buy out Staal. He also has no redeeming value at this point. Can't even make a simple breakout pass to wide-open forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad