Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers @ Vancouver Canucks - Feb 28/Mar 1

Three stars at Vancouver

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
I sincerely hope he will be great for us but lets be real, its been 1 game and personally, i am more impressed by Spooner.

Same here. Can’t deny his skill though. I’ll take my chances on him over dummy JT if he continues to work hard on D and carry the puck like that.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Giannone: "Omg Hank that game was amazing"

Hank:
tenor.gif

ClutchTom

May 25, 2004
currently Kraków, Poland
I thought I heard Sam say he only moved to Russia at age 9, which would make sense as to why his English is so good. I posted an interview with him in the dedicated Namestnikov thread and was taken aback by how fluent he is. He's a native speaker, basically.

By the way, if I had four votes, I would have voted for Pionk. His best game as a Ranger by far, IMO. He looked about as good as you can look while everything crumbles around you ie you give up 55 shots. He looked really assertive and confident. Took some bombs from the point right off the pass, made good outlet passes and was solid defensively. He looks like a keeper.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hayes played very well yet again. Iirc they said he’s had 11 points in his last 10? Great to see him doing well, such an underrated player for us
It sucks when he struggles he's whipping boy number one. This year he has really progressed well at both ends of the ice and for the most part not a peep

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It sucks when he struggles he's whipping boy number one. This year he has really progressed well at both ends of the ice and for the most part not a peep

Because so many people bashed him and wanted him traded, especially in the offseason, calling him just a 3rd liner, so now they feel silly and can't admit they were wrong so they just ignore what he's doing.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
1. Namestnikov
2. Lundqvist
3. Hayes

Can’t rave enough about Namestnikov, he looked absolutely incredible. He looked as fast as Bure, caused turnovers, was very gritty and hard on the puck, made smart passes. Easily the best player on the ice. He looks hungry and hopefully Tampa giving up on him thinking he wasn’t something they needed for their cup run sparked a bit of fire under his ass. He’s supposed to be a great lockerroom guy too, very excited about him :) can’t believe the Bozo is gone and this is who replaces him! I love Gorton

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Because so many people bashed him and wanted him traded, so now they feel silly and can't admit they were wrong so they just ignore what he's doing.
Last season I wanted him traded. He showed some real improvement since then, so I think what was at least understandable last season is not any longer. So he looks like he overthinks the odd thing now and then but I think he has really improved on that this season. One of the consistent Rangers this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad