New York Rangers Game Used Memorabilia

lebear

I have no idea
Oct 18, 2007
Sweden
Out of curiosity, does anybody know for how many games (on average) certain equipment actually is used? For example sticks (given that they don't break) and jerseys.

Also, are "old" pucks ever used in the NHL, or are there always new ones for each game?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Out of curiosity, does anybody know for how many games (on average) certain equipment actually is used? For example sticks (given that they don't break) and jerseys.

Also, are "old" pucks ever used in the NHL, or are there always new ones for each game?

Nowadays, they probably use new jerseys every few games, especially now that Steiner has taken over the MSG Collectibles. They are likely paying big money for the exclusive and are going to want product.

Sticks, that would depend on the player. Not sure on pucks.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Nowadays, they probably use new jerseys every few games, especially now that Steiner has taken over the MSG Collectibles. They are likely paying big money for the exclusive and are going to want product.

Sticks, that would depend on the player. Not sure on pucks.

You mean every period? lol Why not make 3 times as many jerseys to sell?

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY

i saw on tv last year they mentioned that players go through about 6-8 jerseys a season, defense goes through more than offense. they used to stitch em up when they would tear and stuff, but it doesn't seem that way any more from all of the game used jerseys out there in great condition.

lebear

I have no idea
Oct 18, 2007
Sweden
That's interesting. I heard Jagr had like 5-6 sticks for each game. Obviously he didn't use all of them, but he seem to like to come prepared ;)

The puck thing really fascinates me. Someone said earlier in the thread that he was getting the puck that Avery scored his only goal of the season with, and saving hat-trick pucks, pucks that were used to score some record etc (Dubi was quick to pick up the puck that Wolski scored his first as a Ranger with) is very common. They really keep track of that stuff

lebear

I have no idea
Oct 18, 2007
Sweden
It was also mentioned last game that Biron kept his like +10 yr old skates, haha.

I wonder what the equipment cost for a season is. 6-8 jerseys a season, times 20. Probably a HUGE amount of those new (expensive) sticks that break all the time.. and so on.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
They probably get the sticks and gloves for free. In return, the companies providing the items are able to advertise in their catalogues, that Dubinsky, Callahan, and Drury use these gloves, and Crosby uses this stick, etc.

jasonbaz77*

Sorry to re-open an old thread, but I am trying to get the value of an item that I have. I have an unused 1994, game 7 Stanley Cup Finals ticket that I have had in a case since the day of the game. Was given as a gift by someone who had the ticket but could not go :cry:

If you have any info on how I might get this evaluated I would be VERY appreciative!

Thanks guys

chip chipperson*

Sorry to re-open an old thread, but I am trying to get the value of an item that I have. I have an unused 1994, game 7 Stanley Cup Finals ticket that I have had in a case since the day of the game. Was given as a gift by someone who had the ticket but could not go :cry:

If you have any info on how I might get this evaluated I would be VERY appreciative!

Thanks guys

lelands.com does appraisals. go to their website they have more info.

i still have the signed jagr gamer for sale. some one please buy it.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I wish I had some game used stuff. I've got ****loads of autographed photos, pucks, cards, etc but outside of pucks used during warmups, I've got nothing of game used nature.

BrutuS

Jul 24, 2007
Nice job picking up the Zubie though. The early 90's CCM's are tough to come by in general as I'm sure you know.

Just added a game used photo matched 91/92 Gartner home jersey with the C. I MIGHT have overpaid for this one...

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I went to Gretz' final game, but I was about 11 and lost the ticket stub :facepalm:

In one frame, I have the program and ticket stub from his first and last game as a Ranger. The first is a ticketmaster stub as I didnt have seasons at the time. The last is my season ticket stub, my first year with seasons.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
i saw on tv last year they mentioned that players go through about 6-8 jerseys a season, defense goes through more than offense. they used to stitch em up when they would tear and stuff, but it doesn't seem that way any more from all of the game used jerseys out there in great condition.

Yeah, they go through a lot now. Stuff isnt that rare anymore. In the NFL, they use a different jersey, pair of cleats, pair of gloves for EVERY game.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
If anyone is interested, I do have 2 game used Lundqvist sticks, both autographed and fully certified for sale. Sticks were bought from Steiner and autographs were obtained at their signing with him on May 19th.

GloveSave35

Nov 7, 2011
Ohio
I just acquired Brad Richard's first playoff goal puck as a New York Rangers against Ottawa on 4/12/12. It has the taping around it and the puck is beat up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_OyliFMks8

Hopefully he will be a future hall of famer.

Nice pick up! I'd love to snag something from this playoff run.

I currently have:
Mike Richter game worn pants
Mike Richter practice worn jersey
Dan Blackburn: game used stick
Marc Staal: game worn jersey from Bathgate Howell night
Brandon Dubinsky: rookie game used stick
Team Plaque that hung in NYR lockerroom before renovations (1994-1995 team)

Last edited:

seanaveryfan

Mar 18, 2009
Astoria, NY
Nice pick up! I'd love to snag something from this playoff run.

I currently have:
Mike Richter game worn pants
Mike Richter practice worn jersey
Dan Blackburn: game used stick
Marc Staal: game worn jersey from Bathgate Howell night
Brandon Dubinsky: rookie game used stick
Team Plaque that hung in NYR lockerroom before renovations (1994-1995 team)

Nice GloveSave35..I would love anything from Mike Richter! I need to get a stick and other equipment. I mostly have pucks. Right now I don't have much game used just these:

Sean Avery goal puck against Atlanta (October 2010)
Stepan goal puck against Florida (December 2011)
Kovalchuk goal puck against Lundqvist (February 2011)
Richards goal puck against Ottawa (Game #1 - Playoffs 4/12/12)

Sean Avery Game Used Jersey - Brian Leetch Night

GloveSave35

Nov 7, 2011
Ohio
Nice GloveSave35..I would love anything from Mike Richter! I need to get a stick and other equipment. I mostly have pucks. Right now I don't have much game used just these:

Sean Avery goal puck against Atlanta (October 2010)
Stepan goal puck against Florida (December 2011)
Kovalchuk goal puck against Lundqvist (February 2011)
Richards goal puck against Ottawa (Game #1 - Playoffs 4/12/12)

Sean Avery Game Used Jersey - Brian Leetch Night

Nice collection! The Avery Jersey is awesome! Still trying to pick up something game used from Avery. Would love to end up with some gloves of his (seems fitting!). Seems hard to nail down his stuff, though.

Trying to collect a full Richter set to outfit a locker in my hockey room. It's slow going because his stuff is hard to come by. The pucks are cool. I need to start collecting some. Chased some of the Winter Classic pucks but they just ended up out of my price range. Keep going, man!

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I caught the stick Lundqvist threw into the stands after his shutout against the Predators mid season. Im pretty sure its the last stick he threw this season. He did it whenever he got a shutout but never did it again after mine. I think MSG are worried about their precious new seats getting messed up, I was climbing on top of seats like a lunatic to get it. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad