Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Washington Capitals - December 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
@Inferno nailed it: biggest issue is that they only showed up for 40 minutes
Biggest issue is the team doesn't play unless they absolutely have to. As SOON as we tied the game the Caps starting shitting on us while our D held hands and whistled the melody to Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard. It's something that has occurred over and over and over and over again, nearly every single game this team has played under AV.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Right now we don't have a bonafide first line. If Hayes is invisible we really don't even have a good second line the way vesey and nash are playing lol.
Kreider is top player but without zibby that line drops off big time especially on the pp.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Biggest issue is the team doesn't play unless they absolutely have to. As SOON as we tied the game the Caps starting ****ting on us while our D held hands and whistled the melody to Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard. It's something that has occurred over and over and over and over again, nearly every single game this team has played under AV.
Yup, we tied the game and it was like oh mission accomplished as if it were over.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Also love the "AV took us to the finals with THAT roster" as if the 13-15 rosters weren't insanely well rounded, cohesive teams led by a still elite Lundqvist. Most coaches would have had success with those teams. The attempts to downplay the talent on those teams to defend a pumpkin im AV is mind boggling.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Only guys who get a pass are Hank and the 4th line. Everybody else was either invisible or actively stunk.

AV continues to put this team on the backfoot with turd-like first periods. The team continues to take entire periods off. The coach is still misusing players and giving ice time to dolts who don't deserve it. Marc Staal's "resurgence" has crashed down to earth - probably the worst player on the ice the whole night.

Overall - gross.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I didnt what the game today. Buchnevich and kreider were bad today? Their ice time was a joke.

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
Should have been a penalty called on burakowsy for mugging Carey in the corner on third goal total joke.

But you can’t play that way in the first period. Hank can’t get scored on like that.
I agree very much with this part of your post but that's about it. That first goal is inexcusable and probably turned out to be the difference in the game.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Buch wasnt good. I thought Kreider looked like his usual (good) self.
We really need To give our best players ice time...
I don't really understand the coach thinking, if kreider was good give him the ice time for gods saken...

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Realistically I’d say only Nj is vulnerable to knock out of a playoff spot. The others are going to get in and as well as we’ve played we still are on the outside looking in. We cannot lose that game tomorrow.

We can’t keep throwing games away

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Miller's line and Nieves line were our best lines tonight. I don't think either Hayes, Desharnais and their line mates were particularly strong. On D Shattenkirk particularly had a bad night and Holden's been struggling for the last several games.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Also love the "AV took us to the finals with THAT roster" as if the 13-15 rosters weren't insanely well rounded, cohesive teams led by a still elite Lundqvist. Most coaches would have had success with those teams. The attempts to downplay the talent on those teams to defend a pumpkin im AV is mind boggling.
The 13-14 team was actually really good in the lockout shortened season, especially after the Gaborik and Clowe trades and bringing back Zucc. That was a really good team who needed to be allowed slightly more freedom during the playoffs which AV gave them, but the roster was very good overall. We really didn't have any holes except if we had a better top-pairing right defenseman.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hell yes, I would. It's going to be a great game win or lose.

LOL, yeah i am going. No doubt. Should be a good game, hopefully they are hungry tomorrow. Also will be cool to see Boyle again.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This team is the best at coming back in the league, the worst at playing at anything but when they're losing. AV's act has grown tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad