Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at St. Louis Blues 2/25/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Kreider is still alright I guess, but the questionable decisions are just... arg

There's still time to turn it around but I think he's being way too hard on himself if that's the case.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I like Kreider with Hayes. I think a line of Kreider-Hayes-Stalberg can be deadly with that speed.

That's why hopefully we can get a top 6 forward, Stall or whoever, but on the cheap. Definitely don't want to pay what Chicago did, not even close. Hopefully we can play the waiting game and all other suitors balk at asking prices and GMs have to scramble and take whtever deal they can get like when the Habs got Vanek from the Islanders in 2014.

Another top 6 forward and Nash added to this lineup would be sick.

Miller-Brass-Zucc
Top 6 F-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Hayes-Stalberg
Lindberg-Moore-Fast

Btw, that bad empty net shot aside, Stalberg has been extremely good for a while now. He's effectively using his speed to open up space and playing a very good north-south game. I really like what I see from him.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Miller Brassard Nash
E Staal Stepan Zucc
Kreider Hayes Stalberg
Hrivik Moore Fast
Glass

McDonagh Girardi
Yandle Klein
Staal Boyle
Mcilrath

Hank
Raanta

Let's go

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Bumping this graph after tonight

CcAPOU2WAAAcRz9.png

I've been saying for a while that the King is no Connor Hellebuyck or Louis Domingue.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I feel two ways;

Either we aren't good enough and Hank carries or we are, we slack and methods used aren't very effective. I think it's the second one because I've seen this team, we all have, carry numbers and steamroll teams

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
The rangers need a huge boost to their third line...

When healthy I'd like to see...

Zucc Brassard Nash
Nash stepan Miller
Buchnevich Hayes some very good third liner
Stalberg Lindberg fasth

I'm assuming Moore was traded at the deadline in a package to get the good third liner...I'm also assuming av isn't an idiot playing glass over anyone in that listed lineup...but who am I kidding...

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
The rangers need a huge boost to their third line...

When healthy I'd like to see...

Zucc Brassard Nash
Nash stepan Miller
Buchnevich Hayes some very good third liner
Stalberg Lindberg fasth

I'm assuming Moore was traded at the deadline in a package to get the good third liner...I'm also assuming av isn't an idiot playing glass over anyone in that listed lineup...but who am I kidding...

When we're healthy you'd like to discover the power of cloning and put nash on 2 lines?

Call me crazy but you would probably want to clone more zucc's, McDs and Yandles first.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I think it's way premature to slot Buchnevich in on the third line. There's no guarantee that the Rangers will bring him over this season at all, and if they do, that he'll play well enough to earn consistent third line minutes. KHL to NHL is a big transition, particularly for a young man who doesn't even speak English.

member 116805

Your ability to conduct psychoanalysis through the TV is profound. Ensure that these talents are not wasted

Well, as most things on a message board, it is a subjective opinion. If you dont want those, i guess you are in the wrong place.

But lets talk facts then:
1st goal in 12 games was it? And 12 in 58 games? Is that good enough? 25g 25a people slotted this guy in for in the off season.
Thank god this kid is american, if he was lets say russian there would be pitch forrks and torches out a long time ago.

Only player that should be jumping on the glass tonight is Henrik

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I think it's way premature to slot Buchnevich in on the third line. There's no guarantee that the Rangers will bring him over this season at all, and if they do, that he'll play well enough to earn consistent third line minutes. KHL to NHL is a big transition, particularly for a young man who doesn't even speak English.
Dunno...kreider jumped right in from college...khl is a much better league

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Well, as most things on a message board, it is a subjective opinion. If you dont want those, i guess you are in the wrong place.

But lets talk facts then:
1st goal in 12 games was it? And 12 in 58 games? Is that good enough? 25g 25a people slotted this guy in for in the off season.
Thank god this kid is american, if he was lets say russian there would be pitch forrks and torches out a long time ago.

Only player that should be jumping on the glass tonight is Henrik

Subjective opinion is fine, but normally its backed with, well....something.
Saying that Kreider seems to think he's a superstar and is coasting due to a goal celebration seems to be coming to a conclusion and then drawing on anything you can find to justify it

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Dunno...kreider jumped right in from college...khl is a much better league

Still a North American league. Kreider never experienced the culture shock that a guy like Buchnevich will face, coming to a completely new part of the world after playing his entire career overseas. He doesn't even speak English. There's a difference in style of play, too. Took guys like Kuznetsov and Tarasenko a season or so to adjust and perform consistently.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Back to back games the 4th line scores a goal off of winning a board battle. Nice to see Hrivik have an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad