Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at St. Louis Blues 2/25/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
fast broken nose but AV says he should be in lineup tomorrow. If not Mcilrath up front lol

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
what i dont get about this team, is how anyone can watch them, and actually think they can win a cup. not just win a cup, but how they can get out of the 2nd round....and how its no guarantee they'd even win 1 round.

You look at teams like Chicago, Dallas, LA, Washington, heck even teams like Nashville and St. Louis, and you can say, you know...if they make the playoffs they have a legit shot at winning it all.

but I just dont see it with this team. i think our coaching has seriously hindered any possibility of being an elite team this season, and i think Henrik Lundqvist is literally the only reason this team isnt a bottom feeder.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
what i dont get about this team, is how anyone can watch them, and actually think they can win a cup. not just win a cup, but how they can get out of the 2nd round....and how its no guarantee they'd even win 1 round.

You look at teams like Chicago, Dallas, LA, Washington, heck even teams like Nashville and St. Louis, and you can say, you know...if they make the playoffs they have a legit shot at winning it all.

but I just dont see it with this team. i think our coaching has seriously hindered any possibility of being an elite team this season, and i think Henrik Lundqvist is literally the only reason this team isnt a bottom feeder.

I'm honestly not sure we get past the Isles at this point. They always play us tough and it wouldn't surprise me if they could roll us in 7

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
It's pretty much a fact that Hank is the only reason the team isn't at the bottom. I read somewhere last night that his 5v5 SV% is like .940 and when he won the Venzima back in 11-12 he was at like .933. He is carrying the team on his back. The team wouldn't be even close to the playoffs if he didn't get off to that great start.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

It's pretty simple: they're underachieving right now.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
honestly, id say their record has made them seem more like overachievers than underachievers.

No. Their record is exactly an indication of them underachieving. Despite playing a lot of terrible games, their talent has carried them to a bunch of wins and the 2nd best 5v5 differential in the league. And it's not just the fact that Hank lets in so few goals. They're a top 5 team in 5v5 Goals For too. That's talent on both sides of the puck. Given those facts, if they were overachieving, the Caps would be looking up at them in the standings.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
No. Their record is exactly an indication of them underachieving. Despite playing a lot of terrible games, their talent has carried them to a bunch of wins and the 2nd best 5v5 differential in the league. And it's not just the fact that Hank lets in so few goals. They're a top 5 team in 5v5 Goals For too. That's talent on both sides of the puck. Given those facts, if they were overachieving, the Caps would be looking up at them in the standings.

not sure i agree with the assessment. i do wonder about the top 5 in the league 5 on 5 thing when considering that every puck Lindberg threw on net in the first few weeks of the season went in, and Zucc wasnt far off....but both have come crashing back down to earth....

just wondering how the 5v5 goals for rankings have gone over the whole year.

either way, i just dont see it...not at all. i see a team whose 4th line is basically a detriment to the team...a team who has 1/2 their defenseman at any given game playing like they have horse hooves for hands, and a team with a coach who keeps playing people undeserved minutes while benching some of the best players.

just dont get it.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
not sure i agree with the assessment. i do wonder about the top 5 in the league 5 on 5 thing when considering that every puck Lindberg threw on net in the first few weeks of the season went in, and Zucc wasnt far off....but both have come crashing back down to earth....

just wondering how the 5v5 goals for rankings have gone over the whole year.

either way, i just dont see it...not at all. i see a team whose 4th line is basically a detriment to the team...a team who has 1/2 their defenseman at any given game playing like they have horse hooves for hands, and a team with a coach who keeps playing people undeserved minutes while benching some of the best players.

just dont get it.

I can't help you then. I can't help you realize that the negatives you laid out are exaggerated. I won't try either.

I think we are well past the point where any numbers can be greatly skewed by a 20 game portion of the season. Hell, even last night, where the Blues were better when talking about 5v5, they still padded those numbers by 2 more goals.

I'm not saying their aren't concerns. Just saying that your relentless negativity (and not just yours) is not remotely the reality.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York

They're the mutant offspring of the 2013 Canucks and 2014-2015 Bruins :sarcasm:

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

I'm with you 100%. Posted the same thing in the Roster Thread.

And I don't mind fans feeling this way. But when management does, it really makes me question things.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I think they're in "oh ****" mode. The plan was 2014 and/or15 and we just missed. They're trying to squeeze every last drop out of this team and org. Just not the same as prior years though.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Rangers still have a shot to make the finals, in my opinion, especially if they make a couple of good moves at the deadline.

It's the west teams I really worry about. I can't see this team as currently constructed beating the Hawks, Kings or even the Blues in a 7 game series.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Agreed, mostly. I just don't see it. Whatever though, hopefully we are wrong.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Henrik lundqvist has won multiple playoff rounds with worse teams in front of him. No team in the league has so much more talent and depth at their skating positions than us to discount the impact henrik has come playoffs. He'll keep most any game, and most any series close. We just have to be lucky and healthy.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah AV thinks we have a legitimate chance to reach the Stanley cup final this year - so anything can happen I guess. ;)

I doubt Rangers will move Yandle now - they will wait until summer and end of season while they are in playoffs position! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad