Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at New York Islanders 2/16/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I don't care what anyone says about that goal, it was total horsecrap. I can forgive the flubbed pass, but giving up a goal off an unfettered slap shot from the blueline with a clear line of sight, that's nonsense. It was horrible and I don't need to be a goalie to say it was awful.

That said he isn't a starter, he needs to clean things up and he very much could be. The difference between a starter and a back up many times is the two or three times plus a game he has a brain fart.

Agreed 100%. The bolded is the key point I'm making. He has the tools to be a very good starting goaltender, and if eliminates these brain farts he could absolutely be a starter.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
What was the turnout at NVMC last night?
How's it compared to last season?
Has the Isles winning lowered our turnout?

I thought it was 50/50 BUT I only heard one "Potvin sucks" chant and it was fainter than in CO.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
It was weird how it jumped over MSL's stick. The puck had eyes and was looking for KK.

Nah. Brass was passing to Klein all along and put the requisite zip, and maybe a little lift, on it to get it to him. MSL just happened to break free into the slot at the exact same time and tried to take an opportunistic shot, but whiffed on it because it was never intended for him in the first place.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Nah. Brass was passing to Klein all along and put the requisite zip, and maybe a little lift, on it to get it to him. MSL just happened to break free into the slot at the exact same time and tried to take an opportunistic shot, but whiffed on it because it was never intended for him in the first place.

St.louis said something along the lines of "brass found me but it just hopped over my stick" so i'm gonna say that is not the case. Klein read the play perfectly, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad