GDT: New York Rangers at Los Angeles Kings - January 8, 2015 - 7:30 p.m. (PST)

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
or they don't win two Stanley Cups.
Probably in 2012. That was also the only time he ever took this team on his back. Kings probably win without him last year as well.

This makes me think you are just a Brown supporter without looking at the facts.

People forget that you line up another top 6 forward if Brown would not be part of this organization (see quote below as example). For instance, he had 0 points in the Western Conference finals vs. Chicago in 2013, zero.

Lets not act that without Brown this team would be cupless.

Hmm, 14 points in PO in 2014, 2 goals in finals (one OT goal in game 2), 3 points in 3 game 7s...

He for sure wasn't the most impact player, but I can safely say that without his contribution Kings wouldn't be SC champions in 2014...

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Kopitar didn't score any goals in the WCF, it really doesn't say much.

That series was won by the 70's line pretty much, and Quick making timely saves.

Without the (core), Kopitar/Brown/Quick/Doughty/Carter. The LA Kings would have zero Cups.

It doesn't matter what people think about Brown. He is stuck being a King for the next three years at minimum.

He is due 21 million dollars, that no team will pay for/trade for, and the Kings won't be buying that out.

In three yeas time, we can all bit%6 moan cry about how awful Brown is. Because at that time, something can probably be done about it Cap/Money wise.

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The cap hit isn't necessarily the issue today. It will be a problem in the future.

The question today is, do the Kings have a better 4th line center in the organization?

No, the guys in Manchester are prospects. Until they prove otherwise.

Shore is going to struggle just like every young player does. If Shore gets brought up that is going to push Stoll or Richards to play wing(which they both suck at). Cause Shore is not going to play winger. The young man is a Center.

Dean Lombardi has a lot of work ahead of him.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Kopitar didn't score any goals in the WCF, it really doesn't say much.

That series was won by the 70's line pretty much, and Quick making timely saves.

Without the (core), Kopitar/Brown/Quick/Doughty/Carter. The LA Kings would have zero Cups.

It doesn't matter what people think about Brown. He is stuck being a King for the next three years at minimum.

He is due 21 million dollars, that no team will pay for/trade for, and the Kings won't be buying that out.

In three yeas time, we can all bit%6 moan cry about how awful Brown is. Because at that time, something can probably be done about it Cap/Money wise.
I am talking about 2013, not last year. What if you line up a different top 6 player instead of Brown. Anybody can sum up his numbers and of course he is contributing like most. Doesnt mean he is a missing peace. Thats what it is all about, those ridiculous comments about him being indispensable.

At least Kopitar is elite defensively, so there's a big difference between Kopitar not scoring and Brown.

If Brown would not wear the C, many more would think differently about him. In times of need, he rarely shows up.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Kopitar also plays a much more intense position at center. Kopitar and Toews more or less canceled each other out in the 2014 series, paving the way for the 70s line to take over.

Brown was an exciting, effective player five years ago. But he has one of the lowest hockey IQs on the team, and with his body slowing down, this is the end product.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I am talking about 2013, not last year. What if you line up a different top 6 player instead of Brown. Anybody can sum up his numbers and of course he is contributing like most. Doesnt mean he is a missing peace. Thats what it is all about, those ridiculous comments about him being indispensable.

At least Kopitar is elite defensively, so there's a big difference between Kopitar not scoring and Brown.

If Brown would not wear the C, many more would think differently about him. In times of need, he rarely shows up.

Not true. Brown was injured during the 2013 playoffs. He and pretty much everyone were very good in the 2012 playoffs, but Brown was extremely good.

In the 2014 playoffs Brown came no where near his 2012 performance, but he was good when the Kings needed him the most. As someone else has said, it's a fallacy to say Brown did not play well in the 2014 playoffs.

That obviously contradicts your last statement, as Brown almost always shows up when he is needed most.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Dustin Brown has very good playoff stats for someone that doesn't show up.

19 Goals 26 Assists 45 points +15 in 76 GP. (8th overall in franchise history) Behind active players Kopitar 60P/Williams 54P/Doughty 50P/Carter 51P.

I hate Brown's contract, and believe he is on the down side of his career. But if you're going to say things like, "Brown never shows up when needed".

Have some proof or stats to back up that claim. Also anyone on this current roster minus Kopitar/Carter/Quick/Doughty is dispensable. You could say Brown can't be moved because of his awful contract, and the Capt.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Kopitar also plays a much more intense position at center. Kopitar and Toews more or less canceled each other out in the 2014 series, paving the way for the 70s line to take over.

Brown was an exciting, effective player five years ago. But he has one of the lowest hockey IQs on the team, and with his body slowing down, this is the end product.

The 2014 and 2012 playoffs were 5 years ago? Man, time flies.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Dustin Brown has very good playoff stats for someone that doesn't show up.

19 Goals 26 Assists 45 points +15 in 76 GP. (8th overall in franchise history) Behind active players Kopitar 60P/Williams 54P/Doughty 50P/Carter 51P.

I hate Brown's contract, and believe he is on the down side of his career. But if you're going to say things like, "Brown never shows up when needed".

Have some proof or stats to back up that claim. Also anyone on this current roster minus Kopitar/Carter/Quick/Doughty is dispensable. You could say Brown can't be moved because of his awful contract, and the Capt.
Playoffs are the most important thing, but there is a regular season too. We can all act we dont care, but I read GDT's too and it is the opposite.

Being 8th overall in franchise history regarding playoffs points means nothing to me if you know that this franchise has sucked for decades.

We all agree that Brown was great in 2012, so there you have a large part of his points already. We can all agree that every player is contributing during a playoff run. It would be something if a player like Brown who gets top 6 minutes cant even net a couple of goals and points in 26 playoff games (2014). Lets not get crazy about that.

I know his strengths but even more his weaknesses. To me he has always been a 2nd/3rd line player.

Too many times he has been a water carrier instead of a leader. We can sum up all kind of statistics, OT winners whatever, but I am watching this team since 2002. He has received top 6 minutes most of his career, can we expect at least a couple of goals ? I think so.

He doesnt come even close to players like Doughty, Carter, Quick, Kopitar, Williams.

Last edited:

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Playoffs are the most important thing, but there is a regular season too. We can all act we dont care, but I read GDT's too and it is the opposite.

Being 8th overall in franchise history regarding playoffs points means nothing to me if you know that this franchise has sucked for decades.

We all agree that Brown was great in 2012, so there you have a large part of his points already. We can all agree that every player is contributing during a playoff run. It would be something if a player like Brown who gets top 6 minutes cant even net a couple of goals and points in 26 playoff games (2014). Lets not get crazy about that.

I know his strengths but even more his weaknesses. To me he has always been a 2nd/3rd line player.

Too many times he has been a water carrier instead of a leader. We can sum up all kind of statistics, OT winners whatever, but I am watching this team since 2002. He has received top 6 minutes most of his career, can we expect at least a couple of goals ? I think so.

He doesnt come even close to players like Doughty, Carter, Quick, Kopitar, Williams.

How many goals a season is he supposed to be scoring?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

Dustin Brown is one of Five players (only Five) in NHL history to score 20+ goals 50+ points and 300+ hits in Five straight Seasons.....

If Brown retired tomorrow, he would have had a pretty darn good career.

Again he is on the downside of his career, but you're talking about the Brown in his prime...Who was a good top Six player.

You need to change your definition of Top six player. The day's of three to four players in your top six scoring at a PPG have been over for about a decade+.

Kopitar is not even a PPG player, never will be either.

You keep talking about goals like Brown never scored any, Dustin Brown is number Nine, in all time goal scoring for the Kings, 11 behind Kopitar....

If you want to argue that Brown is a shell of his former self, and NO LONGER a top six player(and hasn't been for the last two seasons)...That is a valid argument.

Or that Brown is not worth his contract, that is another valid argument.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad