Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Dallas Stars 12/29/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
Boyle was great tonight. Best game of the season, and maybe the only game where he has really stood out in a positive way? I'm probably forgetting one or two. Either way, great sign and hopefully and indication that he's getting over his injury and his game is coming together.

He had a good game but should have scored.

You know you screwed up when John Moore comes over and asks you WTF.

Cobra Jack*

They were completely gassed, the ice was terrible, and Dallas did a GREAT job clogging the neutral zone. Those types of moments are the most frustrating in the sport, I totally agree. But let's not go overboard, the team wasn't "not trying". It looked that way because of the aforementioned reasons.

Gassed from what?

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
A disgraceful performance. This team didn't even give a **** in the last couple of minutes. I'm absolutely ****ing appalled. APPALLED. The Rangers looked like an ECHL team in the end of this game. Garbage game by a team that needed to play the worst teams in the NHL to not look like the mediocre team they are.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Dan "WOAT" Boyle with a +11 Corsi on the night, highest on the team [including Lundqvist] with John Moore. He was on the ice for 1/3 of our total shot attempts. (For everyone who thought Boyle and J. Moore had great games).

Boyle was real good again. So was Nash.

The 2nd line needs to step up though, despite Steps 3 etc that line ain't quite working which causes Kreider to be out of synch.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Boyle was real good again. So was Nash.

The 2nd line needs to step up though, despite Steps 3 etc that line ain't quite working which causes Kreider to be out of synch.

I thought that line was brilliant last night. Probably the Rangers best line. If anyone was a 'weak link' on that line last night, it was MSL. Eakin completely shutdown the Brass line.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Dallas played a high pressure system all night. Forwards were on the Rangers pretty much the whole game and they seemed alot quicker than we did.

I credit what the Stars were doing in making the Rangers look bad last night.

They know they can't defend well in their zone, and gave the Rangers no time or space to make plays. They were quicker on the puck and better with their sticks in winning board battles.

Last nights game needed less Glass and more Fast.

Finally, if all you can manage against that Stars team is 2 goals, there's a better than average chance you are going to lose that game.

Need to be MUCH better against the Panthers. Don't look past the Cats. They win 2 of the 3-4 games in hand they have on other teams, they are a playoff team. If they can get their offense going, they are going to be a tough team. Rangers have their hands full tomorrow night.

AHB*

I thought that line was brilliant last night. Probably the Rangers best line. If anyone was a 'weak link' on that line last night, it was MSL. Eakin completely shutdown the Brass line.

Completely agree. MSL was really bad last night though. Kreider was arguably our best forward and Stepan was fantastic as well.

Stepan's puck skills are insane. He's really come a long way. He makes these moves with the puck that are similar to McDonagh and get him away at times when he's double teamed.

Such a talented, smart player.

Nash was good last night, but his line was ineffective for most of the night. Chalk that up to Dallas.

Dan Boyle is playing well. He's not very good at defense, but he can be sheltered and I'm fairly sure that he's not being used on the PK anymore. It looks like they're riding with

McD-Girardi
Staal-Klein

And looking at the stats last night, Boyle didn't play a second on the PK and John Moore only played 10 seconds. I'm fine with players having their roles, as long as they play well in them.

I also don't see how you can continue to keep Girardi on the power play, while Klein continues to blast away at even strength, but who knows with AV at this point.

Main concern is of course Glass. How you go and scratch two of our better forwards who have been imperative to this 8 game win streak for a player like Glass is asinine and inexcusable.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Glass needs to sit. Keep Miller with Fast and Moore. Miller can play PP time to get more minutes.

MSL was too quiet. Age? Rare game off? He'll be fine.

Boyle is improving.

Hayes was great.

As far as Glass goes, while he's pretty darn bad, some calling him the worst Ranger ever? See Valeri Kamensky, Sylvain Leferbve, Igor Ulanov, Shane Churla, Scott Fraser, Jeff Taffe, Donald Brashear, Ales Kotalik, even Chris Higgins, and let's not forget post 2005-06 Ryan Hollweg.

AHB*

Glass needs to sit. Keep Miller with Fast and Moore. Miller can play PP time to get more minutes.

Boyle is improving.

Hayes was great.

As far as Glass goes, while he's pretty darn bad, some calling him the worst Ranger ever? See Valeri Kamensky, Sylvain Leferbve, Igor Ulanov, Shane Churla, Scott Fraser, Jeff Taffe, Donald Brashear, Ales Kotalik, even Chris Higgins, and let's not forget post 2005-06 Ryan Hollweg.

Kamensky, Kotalik and Higgins were all better.

Worse signings due to contracts, maybe, but all significantly better players than Glass could ever dream of.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Boyle is improving.

Hayes was great.

The only one of those on the Tanner Glass level of uselessness was Donald Brashear.

Boyle did look good. I am not sure those who are dumping on him watched the same game that the rest of us did.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Glass needs to go. He showed how stupid and awful he is. Dumb tripping penalty. Then on the second goal he starts skating towards Hayes and the opponent instead of staying with the point man. Dumb hockey.

Fast wouldn't have done that crap. And it was the difference in another two points.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Kamensky, Kotalik and Higgins were all better.

Worse signings due to contracts, maybe, but all significantly better players than Glass could ever dream of.

Kamensky was just awful to watch. He was done by the time he got here and phoned it in.

Kotalik couldn't play D.

Higgins became the story of that season. The whole he's trying so hard but can't score a goal angle.

Besides the first 3/4 of the 2013 season, the 09-10 season was pretty painful to watch with guys like Higgins, Kotalik, Brashear, and Redden in the lineup.

AHB*

Kamensky was just awful to watch. He was done by the time he got here and phoned it in.

Kotalik couldn't play D.

Higgins became the story of that season. The whole he's trying so hard but can't score a goal angle.

Besides the first 3/4 of the 2013 season, the 09-10 season was pretty painful to watch with guys like Higgins, Kotalik, Brashear, and Redden in the lineup.

Just because the team was worse doesn't make those players worse.

Kotalik and Higgins were ten times better than Glass has ever been, even while they were on the Rangers.

You can't seem to tell the difference between a bad team and a bad player. I would take Higgins on our 4th line any day over Glass and if you ask pretty much anyone else who watches hockey, they would too.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I think the Glass hate would be a lot less if AV would just slot him in as the 13th F, where he belongs. Use him for those 15-20 games a season where you're playing a game where you need his grit in the lineup, or someone needs a wake-up call.

It's frustrating seeing 3 or 4 other guys have to play musical chairs while Glass is inexplicably guaranteed a spot.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Think MSL got banged up on the check to the back by Hemsky, so that's probably why he seemed off. Can't complain about the loss, we had some good chances, but Lehtonen made some really good saves and the Dallas forecheck was on full throttle. That Garbutt-Eakin-Roussel line is so fun to watch. I'd love to have one of those guys on this team.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
A couple people in this thread are really embarrassing with their posts...

Dallas played like a team with their lives on the line tonight. I don't begrudge the Rangers for not playing like that because you simply can't every single night.

McDonagh wasn't good tonight.

Staal was excellent defensively tonight. useless offensively as usual though. Just not a natural passer or handler of the thing.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I think either team deserved to win... it was really that close of a game... Our defense kept Dallas in check, lets be honest.. they scored 3 goals, one of which was a complete stinker from behind the goal line, and one of which went of an incredibly springy piece of board behind the net... I wouldn't get too frustrated over the loss as a whole...

I am frustrated in regards to how Glass just simply has no IQ in his game... no offense, horrendous defense, and no skills whatsoever other than checking

AHB*

A couple people in this thread are really embarrassing with their posts...

Dallas played like a team with their lives on the line tonight. I don't begrudge the Rangers for not playing like that because you simply can't every single night.

McDonagh wasn't good tonight.

Staal was excellent defensively tonight. useless offensively as usual though. Just not a natural passer or handler of the thing.

How can you say he was useless offensively tonight when he setup our most important goal of the game?

Also, I'm just so disgusted Fast was benched. Kid has been fantastic for us this season. I'm sick of AV punishing players for no reason.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
We actually have young kids playing well and AV is***ing them up. I remember hearing that he did the same thing in VAN. Look at the kings they rode their rookies in the regular season through the ups and down and look how that turned out for them.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
ZE4G9yG.jpg

At least the Dallas scoreboard guy struck again :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad