Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Calgary Flames - March 2

Three stars at Calgary

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elevate

May 30, 2014
I don't like this load on Hank. Can't have him standing on his head like this. 50 shots against is unacceptable. He's getting a new gray hair for every save he has to make above 30 each game. At this rate, he'll be toast when we finally get a servicable squad again.

Get rid of AV sooner rather than later.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I don't like this load on Hank. Can't have him standing on his head like this. 50 shots against is unacceptable. He's getting a new gray hair for every save he has to make above 30 each game. At this rate, he'll be toast when we finally get a servicable squad again.

This again??!! Please. Stop worrying about the goalie. He’s gonna he just fine. You know they shoot pucks at him in practice too.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I have no words for how ****ing amazing it is to see that Hank did this again.

He is the greatest Ranger ever, and even with some of the fan base cheering against him, he's still gonna ball the **** out.

And the irony is he keeps the Rangers from being who they truly need to be..

They don't need a superstar goalie. .. no team does.

Reactions: Riche16 and Claxton

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
This makes no sense, they never learn.
This year is gone, this roster should be going through the motions now.

Players never tank and it would take a lot of convincing for me to believe that coaches do either.

Management might provide the worst roster possible.

Besides, what happens when Spooners hot streak ends?

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
He basically said that the KHL is much easier on the goalies and while Shestys numbers are great he needs to see him perform in the NHL.
Do I think he’s even watched a game with shestyorkin in it? No

Do I trust his opinion here? No

It’s a classic NA goalie says it’s harder when I did it because Americans and Canadians are tougher and better. And hockey ain’t the same anymore kid...

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

It’s a classic NA goalie says it’s harder when I did it because Americans and Canadians are tougher and better. And hockey ain’t the same anymore kid...

It's so easy that he had an .897 save percentage for CSKA. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Mac n Gs

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I mean, he's not wrong. Shesty is a fantastic prospect. But people who think because he's a .935 SV% guy in the KHL that that's going to translate immediately to the NHL are probably going to be disappointed. He's definitely going to have to adjust and get used to the NHL. He's a great talent and hopefully will be able to adjust and be our next starter, but I see a lot of people on here and twitter going overboard with the assumption that he's basically going to be another Henrik. There are only a handful of Henriks ever in NHL history, he's easily a top 20 goalie of all time.

He’s number 8 in wins in NHL history, and will easily jump many more before he’s done.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean, he's not wrong. Shesty is a fantastic prospect. But people who think because he's a .935 SV% guy in the KHL that that's going to translate immediately to the NHL are probably going to be disappointed. He's definitely going to have to adjust and get used to the NHL. He's a great talent and hopefully will be able to adjust and be our next starter, but I see a lot of people on here and twitter going overboard with the assumption that he's basically going to be another Henrik. There are only a handful of Henriks ever in NHL history, he's easily a top 20 goalie of all time.

I don't think anyone thinks he's an automatic Vezina winner or definitely will be as good as Hank, but he's literally been good everywhere he's played his whole career. One reason's that he's just a superior talent and probably our best chance within our organization of an elite player at any position.

People claim prospects can bust, this, that, but I think that's true only to a certain point. It's true for guys who were just drafted or maybe not even drafted yet. It's not true for an elite goalie in the second best league in the world. Shipachyov didn't bust because his NHL stint didn't work out, nor would Shestyorkin's if his didn't either because he's proven himself enough on a very high level. But I really don't see this being an issue. Right now he's probably at worst like a good NHL back up. He might step in and be great or maybe he doesn't, but he's as close to a guarantee from a guy who hasn't played in the NHL as the organization has drafted in recent drafts.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Whatever I am happy we're getting some wins at least a few more. It's nice to see them somehow get some. Well, Hank and Spoonman

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Agree about Shestyorkin but Henrik top 20 of all time? I think you’re well underselling the King short. To me he’s in discussions with Hasek, Roy, Brodeur. The only thing that separates them is SC but Henrik never played with a team as good as these other goalies had in front of them in their careers.

Reactions: belford222

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Even him would tell that he wasn't that great of a goalie, so this observation woudn't mean ****.

I think he's right to an extent that KHL numbers are a little inflated, but to what extent? Let's say they are more inflated than the AHL for example. Even so, it's a better league with better shooters than the AHL, so what's the trade off here? If you normalize the SV% to that of what is typical for the top few spots in each league, it doesn't exactly change anything other than maybe a few stat watchers are less impressed. Is Valiquette a stat-watcher?

FOD

Jul 26, 2011

He played in the KHL. So yeah, he knows what he’s talking about.

Reactions: Siddi and kovazub94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad