Post-Game Talk: New York Phantasmists vs. Washington Chevaliers. 7pm. 10.22.2016 (AD&D 1st Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Caps need to start hitting again...

Where the **** is Willy?

absolutely invisible.

I keep seeing him with these opportunities to bury his checks, and he's not doing it. It's upsetting to me, but the last time I posted about effort levels I got shouted down a little bit, so I was going to shut up about it.

After the third goal, though... :shakehead

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
absolutely invisible.

I keep seeing him with these opportunities to bury his checks, and he's not doing it. It's upsetting to me, but the last time I posted about effort levels I got shouted down a little bit, so I was going to shut up about it.

After the third goal, though... :shakehead

Maybe he wants to be a pure goal scorer like Chris Simon?

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
I understand the Rangers not being top 5 contender anymore like the past 3 years or so but everyone who says their future looks bad is pretty out to lunch. Hank prob has 3 more very good seasons left in him, by that time 1 of our Goalie prospects should be ready by then, thats the only area of our prospect pool that looks good. After Nieves,Gropp and Kovacs theres not much as far as skaters. They just can't trade picks like the way Sather was doing. Thankfully most of those picks were all in the 25-29th range except the 19th overall to columbus in 2013 they selected Rychel with. Adding Kevin Hayes and Jimmy Vesey was basically like adding 2 1st round picks. The core of this team going forward is all 26 and younger. Stepan,Zibby,Kreider,Buchnevich,Miller,Hayes,Mcdonagh. The real problem is Dan Girardi. We still need upgrades from the defense. So while there may be a few down years next year or the near future, it will not be 1997-2004 for sure. Im just glad we have a stud GM to lead the ship going forward. Caps are in a great position. Although trading Forsberg was probably one of the recent worst moves in this decade. As per usual, I expect to see you guys in April or May :laugh:.

All very true, my comments were not meant in a negative fashion. I just think Nashville is looking real good for years to come and it was weird that Vesey didn't want to sign there (for whatever his reasons may be).

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Did I hear that right? Ovechkin has more goals against Dallas than New York? How is that even possible? :laugh:

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Great shift there, but the Rangers are in Tortorella shot-blocking mode.

Caps put on a strong push, every game so far this year the rangers have played to win the game in the 3rd even when they had multiple goal leads. Last year it was playing not to lose. With that said AV and the team are aware of how potent the caps can attack so they have to be mindful of that. Under torts, if we lost the forecheck in the o zone then yeah we basically had a 6 goalie system in the defensive zone. The torts years took like 3 years off Girardi's career :laugh:.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Caps put on a strong push, every game so far this year the rangers have played to win the game in the 3rd even when they had multiple goal leads. Last year it was playing not to lose. With that said AV and the team are aware of how potent the caps can attack so they have to be mindful of that. Under torts, if we lost the forecheck in the o zone then yeah we basically had a 6 goalie system in the defensive zone. The torts years took like 3 years off Girardi's career :laugh:.

Yeah, Girardi might as well be wearing goalie pads, the amount of shots he blocks or used to block is insane. Rangers are doing a good job of cutting us off at the blue line.

Caps fans, who is this Sanford guy?

A 2nd round pick who cracked our lineup. He has size, speed and he's good along the boards. We're considering him to stay permanently on the 3rd line.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
They're not our kryptonite at all. I remember we crushed them 7-3 or something like that at MSG last year. The game isn't over. Now, that team wearing black and yellow, that's our kryptonite.

all bad memories from the last few playoffs this game's bringing to me. constantly loosing to them - hate that, man.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
While I'm not going to over analyze this game or worry too much over the first 5 games, there are a couple areas I'm not exactly happy with. One being the slow start to the pp and pk, both have not been the best. And I feel we are losing the giveaway/turnover battle each night. Something to work on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad