Post-Game Talk: New York Phantasmists vs. Washington Chevaliers. 7pm. 10.22.2016 (AD&D 1st Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Epic 7th level Illusionist versus 7th Paladin one-on-on combat.

Time: 7:00 p.m.
TV: CSN
Radio: WFED 1500 and Capitals Radio 24/7
New York Rangers 2-2-0
Washington Capitals 3-0-1

https://www.nhl.com/capitals/news/caps-have-saturday-night-date-with-rangers/c-282927728

dragonfire-2-1.gif

tumblr_nsk7p2zuJK1qzocgko6_r1_500.gif

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
So far, impressed but not surprised that Holtby is as good as he was last season. I cant think of a goalie I would rather have right now. Impressed by both Orlov and Schmidt. Orlov is making plays and Schmidt is using his speed without making mistakes. Love We Three Swedes.

Save the first L for the road swing.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
So far, impressed but not surprised that Holtby is as good as he was last season. I cant think of a goalie I would rather have right now. Impressed by both Orlov and Schmidt. Orlov is making plays and Schmidt is using his speed without making mistakes. Love We Three Swedes.

Save the first L for the road swing.

Nate Schmidt looks great this year. He's confirming that he does, in fact, still have a ceiling to hit.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Nate Schmidt looks great this year. He's confirming that he does, in fact, still have a ceiling to hit.

I see Toby Enstrom when I see Schmidt. He just doesn't have a big enough shot. His defensive decisions have always been good. He is learning to use his speed to open the ice up. Teams will start choosing to take his passing options away from him. So he needs to learn how to finish in close

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I see Toby Enstrom when I see Schmidt. He just doesn't have a big enough shot. His defensive decisions have always been good. He is learning to use his speed to open the ice up. Teams will start choosing to take his passing options away from him. So he needs to learn how to finish in close

Toby Enstrom is not as fast but has a much higher offensive ceiling because he's a very smart and creative player actually. Earlier in his career lots of people thought he'd make a very good PPQB (and he was actually used in that role) because of his smarts, and that's propably something that no Caps fan has ever thought about Schmidt (that he'd be a good PPQB).

He looks better now, though.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Toby Enstrom is not as fast but has a much higher offensive ceiling because he's a very smart and creative player actually. Earlier in his career lots of people thought he'd make a very good PPQB (and he was actually used in that role) because of his smarts, and that's propably something that no Caps fan has ever thought about Schmidt (that he'd be a good PPQB).

He looks better now, though.

I don't see any reason other than being lefthanded why he wouldn't be solid on the pp. His shot needs to improve so he finishes more. I didn't say that he was as good as Enstrom that that he reminded me of that kind of player.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
apparently its a La Nina year. No snow

La Niña here in Canada is supposed to cause cooler, snowier winters. It's essentially the opposite of El Niño.

I think you saw last year with the massive snowstorm in DC that these climatic fluctuations don't mean much.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I actually forgot that Chris Krieder exists for a few years but that dude's been on fire lately. And Mika Z > Brassard.

I feel a loss coming for those reasons exactly. :(

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I actually forgot that Chris Krieder exists for a few years but that dude's been on fire lately. And Mika Z > Brassard.

I feel a loss coming for those reasons exactly. :(

I think Brassard is better than Zibanejad but he's older. It's good for the Rangers who were looking to get younger during the offseason. They also have the prized FA Vesey and Buchnevich (if he's not injured) coming over from Russia.

The Buchnevich kid is legit, I watched him a lot in the KHL and I think he's going to surprise many people this year.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Their forwards are good but the Rangers have a dumpster fire on defense. Should be able to pot 3+ goals tonight unless Lundqvist does his thing.

Going with Kuznetsov as the multi-goal scorer tonight.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I think Brassard is better than Zibanejad but he's older. It's good for the Rangers who were looking to get younger during the offseason. They also have the prized FA Vesey and Buchnevich (if he's not injured) coming over from Russia.

The Buchnevich kid is legit, I watched him a lot in the KHL and I think he's going to surprise many people this year.

I think Brassard is a better playmaker but Z just shoots better. They got him in the 'Ovie Office' and he's doing a damn good job.

Pavel Buchnevich is my favorite name in hockey!

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

He's out right now with back spasms. He might be practicing again soon, but hasn't skated by himself yet. So, you guys won't get to see him tonight :( AV has really liked him with Kreider-Zibanejad. He kept that trio together through preseason and during the start of this season.

But he's come over and he's looked great so far. Obvious rookie mistakes and KHL->NHL transitioning, but he looks comfortable out there and AV has been impressed with him. The best part is that the rest of the players seem to actively be including him in off-ice things, and he's learning English at a faster rate than thought. Those are the big things for him, IMO.

I'm not expecting much from him this season, he's been doing better than I thought he would be doing (from what I've seen) in his transition.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I think Brassard is a better playmaker but Z just shoots better. They got him in the 'Ovie Office' and he's doing a damn good job.

Pavel Buchnevich is my favorite name in hockey!

I'm not sure about that, Brassard was a sniper too. I can recall many goals he scored against us from long range, with a few of them being back-breakers in the playoffs.

Z is right handed though, maybe their goal was to have a right handed triggerman on the PP to compensate for Boyle's departure.

He's out right now with back spasms. He might be practicing again soon, but hasn't skated by himself yet. So, you guys won't get to see him tonight :( AV has really liked him with Kreider-Zibanejad. He kept that trio together through preseason and during the start of this season.

But he's come over and he's looked great so far. Obvious rookie mistakes and KHL->NHL transitioning, but he looks comfortable out there and AV has been impressed with him. The best part is that the rest of the players seem to actively be including him in off-ice things, and he's learning English at a faster rate than thought. Those are the big things for him, IMO.

I'm not expecting much from him this season, he's been doing better than I thought he would be doing (from what I've seen) in his transition.

Yeah, it's good to hear, I really enjoy watching this kid. It pays off to keep and develop prospects instead of including them in packages for big name players at the TDL.
For once that you didn't trade a promising prospect in an attempt to go all in for the Cup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad