GDT: New York Islanders vs Montreal Canadiens - January 15th 2018 @ 7h30PM EST (NBCSN, RDS, TSN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Islanders are hot. Rookie Barzal picked up 5 points the other night.

Habs are a team taken lightly, and for the opposition to get their back up goalie some work.

All good signs the Canadiens inevitable transformation into the new Maple Laffs is taking hold.

Last edited:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Islanders are embroiled in a bloodbath battle for the last wildcard spot. They don't need any johnny come latelies in that battle, so I expect them to come out swinging and put us in our place.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
My head says tank, but my heart is still rooting for us.

Galchenyuk, Hudon, Drouin, Mete, and Jerabek have me excited to see them play. And, I'd like to see what Pacioretty and Gallagher can do together, if Claude ever tries them together.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Seattle already has a better team than MB.
Maybe the binman likes what he sees in Vegas and figures to also build a team around third and forth liners.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Can't wait to see our center depth with Danault's name missing from the lineup. MB's masterwork.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Can't wait to see our center depth with Danault's name missing from the lineup. MB's masterwork.

This wouldn't be so bad:

Byron Drouin Galcheyuk
Pacioretty Hudon Gallagher
Lehkonen Plekanec Shaw
Carr De la Rose Deslaurier

It gives us a chance to see Hudon at center, Pacioretty and Gallagher reunited, Carr back in the lineup, and the 4th line reunited. But I expect Julien to butcher the lines for a few games before he finally moves towards something like this.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I had no idea there was a game today. Can't wait...

Don't know if you're being sarcastic, but the recent Boston and Tampa games have been some of the most exciting of the year. I think it's mainly because Claude has finally put more trust/ice time in Galchenyuk, Galchenyuk is playing with Drouin, Pacioretty with Danault, and Hudon is in the top six. All this creates more offense. All that's needed is Gallagher in the top six. Danault being out will hurt.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
This wouldn't be so bad:

Byron Drouin Galcheyuk
Pacioretty Hudon Gallagher
Lehkonen Plekanec Shaw
Carr De la Rose Deslaurier

It gives us a chance to see Hudon at center, Pacioretty and Gallagher reunited, Carr back in the lineup, and the 4th line reunited. But I expect Julien to butcher the lines for a few games before he finally moves towards something like this.
True. Not as bad as I expected, but Byron was taking faceoffs yesterday during the Habs practice. It's still horrendous though.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Islanders have one of the best offenses in the league combined with maybe the worst defense, especially if Boychuck is still out.

Good thing for them it's impossible for us to string together two offensive performances in a row, so I feel good about the tank today.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Perhaps McCarron(RHC) will get a call up from Laval this morning, he has worked on faceoffs. Getting possession from the faceoff can really be beneficial, from what I've seen over 60 yrs. of NHL play.:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm: Habs play against Tampa Bay & Boston was entertaining, it did nothing to change the fact the Habs are in no danger of winning the Stanley Cup this season.:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm: In fact the odds are much better they don't make the playoffs, could catch up with the Coyotes, which would probably be a blessing at this point.:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:
Our defence will look much better with either Rasmus Dahlin(LHD) or Adam Boqvist(RHD) to start next season. Victor Mete(LHD) has been a welcome factor on our defence, hopefully Jerabek(LHD), Juulsen(RHD) & Lernout(RHD), all continue to develop into NHL level competent Dmen. Amazing how much the loss of one whole side of a defensive corps(Left Hand Side) can transform a very good defensive team into a cellar dweller.:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm: The loss of Radulov(RW) arguably the Habs most consistent offensive force last year, coupled with the aforementioned LHD(Injuries haven't helped their cause either.), could see our Habs finish in the bottom three teams, none of which earns a medal no Gold, no Silver, no Bronze that can be thrown into the stands. Brighter days ahead, the Habs as a lottery team could draft a diamond in the rough, any of the Top 3-4 draft picks will be entertaining and worth the price of admission, IMHO!!!...:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad