TSN: New York Islanders' Lou Lamoriello named GM of the Year - TSN.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
New York Islanders' Lou Lamoriello named GM of the Year - TSN.ca

This is something else for the 78 year young veteran, legend. What a real man who understands the game to the fullest :clap: I'm standing here and clappin my hands sire. You done did it again sire Lou. What a real man who understands. He took everybody with him and made some real catches with varlamov, greene, pageau. Komarov, Matt Martin. Others. What a guy. You are the inspiration Lou. Wish we'd kept you for life sire. For life. :clap:

What an achievement and so well deserved. What a job. The best know the best and we've been blessed by the best period.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
New York Islanders' Lou Lamoriello named GM of the Year - TSN.ca

This is something else for the 78 year young veteran, legend. What a real man who understands the game to the fullest :clap: I'm standing here and clappin my hands sire. You done did it again sire Lou. What a real man who understands. He took everybody with him and made some real catches with varlamov, greene, pageau. Komarov, Matt Martin. Others. What a guy. You are the inspiration Lou. Wish we'd kept you for life sire. For life. :clap:

What an achievement and so well deserved. What a job. The best know the best and we've been blessed by the best period.

I thought they would have given it to Kyle Dubas...:sarcasm:

Reactions: mclaren55 and egd27

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Lou who. Wish he had taken that Marleau contract with him too :) Barry trotz hiring helped him win this baby

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Does anyone else find it odd that they just give it to one of the GM's who makes it to the Conference Finals every year? Like all of the Finalists are more or less those guys every year. At that point why not just wait to see who wins the Cup and give it to that GM, since clearly he is the best?

I feel like if they are going to do this award, they have to do it similar to the Jack Adams Award and evaluate the guys based on more than just team success.

Lou was nowhere near the best GM in the league this year.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
An award for trading a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd and handing a 30 million dollar contract to a player who has 12ish points in 25 games as an Islander, while seemingly being used as a negotiation tool by Panarin.

Congrats Lou.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Does anyone else find it odd that they just give it to one of the GM's who makes it to the Conference Finals every year? Like all of the Finalists are more or less those guys every year. At that point why not just wait to see who wins the Cup and give it to that GM, since clearly he is the best?

I feel like if they are going to do this award, they have to do it similar to the Jack Adams Award and evaluate the guys based on more than just team success.

Lou was nowhere near the best GM in the league this year.

a 41-member panel that included all 31 general managers voted for this, way more credible than your post. Congrats Lou!

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
An award for trading a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd and handing a 30 million dollar contract to a player who has 12ish points in 25 games as an Islander, while seemingly being used as a negotiation tool by Panarin.

Congrats Lou.

And the GM who gave 4 players $40 million/half the salary cap, trading consecutive 1st round picks away, and then promptly missed the playoffs?

What kind of an award does that type of GM deserve?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
a 41-member panel that included all 31 general managers voted for this, way more credible than your post. Congrats Lou!

Actually, that does not discredit my post. If anything, it just adds to the questions I asked in the first paragraph.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Though a likely good example as to why a lot of these end of season awards are pretty suspect when it comes to voting. I mean Vegas' GM wasn't even nominated of this category which is a joke.

The Islanders have had a great playoff run, but they also would not have even made the playoffs if the Covid crisis hadn't brought the regular season to a premature end

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Ohhhh man, the Dubas haters on this board are going to have a field day with this. Lol.

Reactions: ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad