New York Islanders are on a 17 game point streak (now ended by ANA)

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
I never understood his thinking. They were trending upwards. Brought in Lou, Trotz, getting a new areana, were able to draft Dobson and Wahlstrom. Barzal coming off an 85 pt season as a rookie. Offense was great and Trotz was going to fix goaltending and defense. Whereas Toronto's defense sucks and were a top heavy team.

I hope the rest of his career is mired in mediocrity on that mess of a team up north.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Wow. I just checked to see when their schedule toughens up with some good teams, some road games and some back to backs. OMG. Pens and Pens, SNJ, Anaheim, LA and then CBJ. They should win all of those.

December looks like no fun though.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I never understood his thinking. They were trending upwards. Brought in Lou, Trotz, getting a new areana, were able to draft Dobson and Wahlstrom.

1. I don't think NHL players put much stock into the 11th and 12th picks in the draft, maybe the first 1 or 2 picks.

2. I really didn't want to spew this theory last year because I don't want to knock people not in the NHL(but I guess enough time passed that it won't be so controversial to say it), my guess is his wife played a big role in his choice

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Dunno what it is about this team, but it's not just the coach. Barzal and Beauvillier are so competitive, and it's having an effect on the team. The last 5-6 games Derek Brassard has been looking like the player he was back in his Rangers days, and it's all because he's caught the bug from those guys.

Reactions: Macch and PWJunior

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
The last 5-6 games Derek Brassard has been looking like the player he was back in his Rangers days, and it's all because he's caught the bug from those guys.

Brassard was not that great until they moved him to wing then he started playing better

Reactions: WangMustGo

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Dunno what it is about this team, but it's not just the coach. Barzal and Beauvillier are so competitive, and it's having an effect on the team. The last 5-6 games Derek Brassard has been looking like the player he was back in his Rangers days, and it's all because he's caught the bug from those guys.
It’s nice to see Brassard care. He’s not here for the long term, but he bought in and cares about the team. Good to see.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Brassard was fine at centre..Stop saying he wasn't good. He wasn't brought in to score...he was brought in to win faceoffs and teach our guys how to do it, which he did. Gotta think 3-5 layers deeper.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
The secret to success is hiring a coach with no neck, those get in the way of winning.
And he still can't find a nice looking tie. What's with these coaches? It's not just him. When the league did away with ties, they didn't mean the ones on your neck.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Wow. I just checked to see when their schedule toughens up with some good teams, some road games and some back to backs. OMG. Pens and Pens, SNJ, Anaheim, LA and then CBJ. They should win all of those.

December looks like no fun though.
It's worth noting that last year, they shut out Toronto and Washington on the road, both on second night of back to backs. Nothing fazes them.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
This team still needs to focus on one game at a time because none of their wins seem to come easy. They are not good enough for players to take a night off. They need to earn it the hard way. They are a difficult team to play against, but also need to play hard to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00