New York Islanders are on a 17 game point streak (now ended by ANA)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I have to be wondering what Lou is going to do between now and the TDL.

There certainly seems to be something special happening this season.

The only upgrade that would make them even better is adding to the 3C spot without disrupting team chemistry. This is as much as I would tinker with the roster.

Reactions: mm11 and Kevin27NYI

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl

The only upgrade that would make them even better is adding to the 3C spot without disrupting team chemistry. This is as much as I would tinker with the roster.

Not really loving the PK and the isles sure could use a grizzled vet that can win a draw. Personally I would try Barzal with Bailey and Eberle as well. What do I know? I'm some middle aged guy living in NE Florida working on my driver and irons these days..

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not really loving the PK and the isles sure could use a grizzled vet that can win a draw. Personally I would try Barzal with Bailey and Eberle as well. What do I know? I'm some middle aged guy living in NE Florida working on my driver and irons these days..
Yeah the faceoffs could be important in the playoffs. If I am a betting man, if the price is not too expensive. I can see Lou making a deal. I know he spoke about not disrupting team chemistry too much. He already upgraded the team with Brassard this summer. The second move could be the one that puts them close to peak potential.in my mind i am trying to justify making a deal for JGP for a first rounder. I hate to deal first rd picks but this year may be the year to do it.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

With Barzal, Nelson, and Cizikas doing the majority of the heavy lifting at center... the "#3C" is a misnomer. Pageau would be amazing, but it's really a #4C spot and role that needs being filled. Koivula is getting a chance now and Bardreau filled in nicely when injuries hit.

A good defensive center that's strong on the faceoff dot would be nice.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Yeah the faceoffs could be important in the playoffs. If I am a betting man, if the price is not too expensive. I can see Lou making a deal. I know he spoke about not disrupting team chemistry too much. He already upgraded the team with Brassard this summer. The second move could be the one that puts them close to peak potential.in my mind i am trying to justify making a deal for JGP for a first rounder. I hate to deal first rd picks but this year may be the year to do it.
Cizikas is 11th in the league among players with 100 faceoffs.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa

Pageau would look really good on the islanders

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
With Barzal, Nelson, and Cizikas doing the majority of the heavy lifting at center... the "#3C" is a misnomer. Pageau would be amazing, but it's really a #4C spot and role that needs being filled. Koivula is getting a chance now and Bardreau filled in nicely when injuries hit.

I like Pageau, but he's a career 30 to 40 point guy on a hot streak. Look past the hype and he's basically Cizikas. Which is not a knock in any way, but a warning about overvaluing him.

Reactions: bigtim1988

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I like Pageau, but he's a career 30 to 40 point guy on a hot streak. Look past the hype and he's basically Cizikas. Which is not a knock in any way, but a warning about overvaluing him.
I think you can build a team like St louis. ROR, Schenn, Bozak, Sundvist.

The blues kill a team in match ups with this depth. I don't even like to call Cizikas a 4th line C. We know he is more than that. JGP would make the Isles one of the deepest teams at Center. I can only see it improving the Isles.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019

The blues kill a team in match ups with this depth. I don't even like to call Cizikas a 4th line C. We know he is more than that. JGP would make the Isles one of the deepest teams at Center. I can only see it improving the Isles.

Maybe if you can get him with a second and decent prospect. Wouldn't trade a top prospect or first round pick for him?

If Avs feel like they can score enough they should call about Landeskog. Or Kreider. Or Hall. All three would look besides Barzal.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I’ve wanted pageau for years but now I don’t really want him because he’s doing so damn well he could command a first easily.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007

He would definitely improve the Isles, or any team. Just be mindful of the price tag.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He would definitely improve the Isles, or any team. Just be mindful of the price tag.
The likely price for a TDL upgrade of JGP's caliber is atleast a first rd pick using the Kevin Hayes deal the Jets made last season as an example. It's a tough call, but The Isles may be in position to feel it may be worth it. At this point, I think Isles fans should trust Lou and Barry to make the determination if it is worth the price. Everything they have touched to date has turned to gold.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Maybe if you can get him with a second and decent prospect. Wouldn't trade a top prospect or first round pick for him?

If Avs feel like they can score enough they should call about Landeskog. Or Kreider. Or Hall. All three would look besides Barzal.

I was thinking JGP would command at least a first rd pick. Price has risen this year with his play. Could be too expensive for some teams.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Honestly, Other then maybe Tampa, pretty much every team they have faced have been bubble teams and non playoff teams during this stretch. But it’s still impressive. I’m hoping they go at least 20.
For perspective –

They played:

– 9 games against top-10 teams (all > 0.600 PPG), went 6-3-0, all 3 losses came in the first 4 games of the season.

– 7 games against middle-12, went 6-0-1.

– 3 games only against 8 bottom-feeders (all < 0.500 PPG), went 3-0-0.

Reactions: MattMartin

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008

Pass on Kreider, due to the Ranger stench.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

JGP is playing himself into the catagory of being too expensive. Lou has traded 2nd rd picks to acquire Plekanec and Boyle at the TDL. Maybe this is the type of deal The Isles can expect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad