New York Islanders are on a 17 game point streak (now ended by ANA)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
That is so surprising how well he's doing. Seeing him with the avs I was like "well he's likely not an nhler anymore".. Good on him

Did the AVs use him at center or wing? I will say this the difference he has been at both positions is noticeable(ie the bulk of his points has been on the wing)

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
It's impressive considering that scoring is nowhere near it was 20 years ago and this is the first time it's happened

It’s more of a random chance fluke then a record. If many other teams have done it with 7 and a half minutes left or with 8 minutes left but tied it up faster are they better, worse or more impressive?
What if you down by two goals in the first and tie it up in one minute is that more or less impressive? It’s meaningless

Reactions: Riseonfire

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
So I am guessing the 8 minutes has happened before, what a random non record to pretend it means anything
They were on the road for both games as well.

Any NHL team record at this point is pretty impressive.

But I think last year's record - from most goals allowed to fewest (exactly 100 less) was more impressive.

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto
It’s more of a random chance fluke then a record. If many other teams have done it with 7 and a half minutes left or with 8 minutes left but tied it up faster are they better, worse or more impressive?
What if you down by two goals in the first and tie it up in one minute is that more or less impressive? It’s meaningless

Well, first 'n' foremost, it's a helluva lot of fun to watch unfold if you're a fan of the team...and sports is entertainment.

But after a century of league play, regardless of how oddly specific the stat might appear, it's still something that's moved the goalposts. MLB makes a meal out of promoting achievements with a half-dozen filters applied.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
They can do it for sure.

presidents-trophy.png

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Looks like they could be married to the Canes in the 2-3 Metro match up...

Canes will plow right through them again......They're just a huge match up headache for the Isles.......

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Why did 1700 likes get me the Carolina Hurricanes trophy?

Funny joke when the likes thing was introduced, the canes made a meme of the Top Likes by abusing the system so the Top Likes displayed a message, based on letters in Cane fan avatars, that read 'Sabers Suck', complete with the misspelling.

Edit: The HF auto correct corrects S A B E R S to S A B R E S. Never knew that until now

Reactions: Riseonfire

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006

Canes will plow right through them again......They're just a huge match up headache for the Isles.......
Isles sweep of the Pens and the Canes sweep of them were closer than you think. Both series had some close games that could've gone either way and gone to 6 games. Game 1 went to OT and Game 2 was 2-1. Then Lehner finally melted in games 3 and 4. He's gone.

There are a bunch of young guys on the Isles that learned a lot from two rounds of playoffs and learning a new system over a season. Barzal, Beauvilier and all the young D: Pulock, Pelech, Toews, Mayfield. They're all stronger now, you can see it. Last year they were figuring themselves out. It was a huge change of culture and gameplan than under Weight. Team has a better sense of what they are in year 2 under Trotz.

and there's 3/4 of the season left. Married to 2-3? Hardly.

Change title to 15 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: rangersfansince08

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Funny joke when the likes thing was introduced, the canes made a meme of the Top Likes by abusing the system so the Top Likes displayed a message, based on letters in Cane fan avatars, that read 'Sabres Suck', complete with the misspelling.

Edit: The HF auto correct corrects S A B E R S to S A B R E S. Never knew that until now
Ok, buy why 1700? Seems oddly specific.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

It would be cool to have this become a playoff matchup over the next 5 years or so to begin some type of rivalry. There is a large contingent of Islander fans in NC so something we would definitely look forward to.

That being said, I agree with you they are a bad matchup for the Isles for some reason. I think it's because they are a similar team? I'm not smart enough to know exactly why. BUT, I think we'll take our chances with them again. In Trotz we trust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad