OT: New Team Branding ???

Vote4Lubo

Axl's other other account
Feb 28, 2016
Antarctica
I don't understand why were so anti-purple now. Like we had some of the coolest designs and now it's just BLACK. GRAY. OoooOoOOOhhh.

st-louis-blues-v-los-angeles-kings.jpg
The way the shield reflection cuts off near the sun gets my pp hard. Now its just homeplate. It's the little attention to detail that makes this my favorite jersey of all time(collar can be amped). The current kits hold a special place cus they won the cups with them but it's time to move on.

Watch Luc give us just surf lion with shades

Reactions: deaderhead28

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I don't understand why were so anti-purple now. Like we had some of the coolest designs and now it's just BLACK. GRAY. OoooOoOOOhhh.

st-louis-blues-v-los-angeles-kings.jpg
They'd still have a unique look if they went back to purple. That's what I don't really understand. But Luc's got a boner for the silver and black.
True but there's another pro team named Kings, in the same state no less. There's no other team pro named Dodgers in or out of the state, in any sport.
And this is proven true by how often the LA media would get the two teams crossed even with the LA.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I’m really fond of this design if we stick with the Black & Silver.

0924-andrewbourne-lak1.png
Yes please. I love Forum Blue and gold, but between the Gretzky era and our Cups the black and silver has grown on me. The real issue currently is our logo. We have so many iconic logos and we stick with the uninspired home plate. It makes no sense. You'd think they'd learn from how the Reverse Retros sold like hot cakes.

These were sexyyyyyy. It's too bad we scored ZERO goals in them.

2014-coors-light-nhl-stadium-series-anaheim-ducks-v-los-angeles-kings.jpg
I was at that game with friends who are Ducks season ticket holders. I didn't hear the end of it right up until game 7 of the second round that year. Oh how sweet that series win was.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Who had that one black jersey with forum blue and gold accents as their avatar a few years ago? Had the original crown on it in blue and gold, that thing was sexy as hell. Can we do that?

Yes please. I love Forum Blue and gold, but between the Gretzky era and our Cups the black and silver has grown on me. The real issue currently is our logo. We have so many iconic logos and we stick with the uninspired home plate. It makes no sense. You'd think they'd learn from how the Reverse Retros sold like hot cakes.
pointing-leonardo-di-caprio.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BringTheReign

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
True but there's another pro team named Kings, in the same state no less. There's no other team pro named Dodgers in or out of the state, in any sport.
But I doubt NorCal people ever have to refer to their Kings as “Sac Kings” all the time. There lies the difference.

I wonder what it was like for LA sports fans in the early 2000s during the heat of the Lakers-Kings rivalry and when our Kings upset the Red Wings and taking the mighty Avs to 7 games in back-to-back years.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
But I doubt NorCal people ever have to refer to their Kings as “Sac Kings” all the time. There lies the difference.

I wonder what it was like for LA sports fans in the early 2000s during the heat of the Lakers-Kings rivalry and when our Kings upset the Red Wings and taking the mighty Avs to 7 games in back-to-back years.
You doubt? I’ve only ever heard of the basketball team as “The Sacramento Kings” so act it’s even worse.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.

Been there and they don't. Just the Kings. Gotta remember this town is fuuuuulllllllllllll of people who have a basketball team and still don't know shit about basketball. They are still pissed at the the Lakers for bouncing the best team in NBA history back in the Conference Finals in 2002.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014

I got the 2nd one but still pissed I couldn’t get hold of the first reverse retro. Those shirts would be superb as the main shirts. I like black/silver and I don’t even hate the home plate but the others are significantly better. The forum blue should be included in every design. Not having it in at least the 3rd jersey is criminal and indicates the team don’t get the fans.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
The Kings deserved to keep the purple and gold combo (whatever, I don’t want to call it “forum blue”). It never made sense for the Lakers to be purple and gold. But yeah, if the Kings kept that, they would’ve even been deeper in the shadow of the Lakers.

I’m still wondering why AEG decided to copy the Sacramento Kings colors in the late 90s though.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Been there and they don't. Just the Kings. Gotta remember this town is fuuuuulllllllllllll of people who have a basketball team and still don't know shit about basketball. They are still pissed at the the Lakers for bouncing the best team in NBA history back in the Conference Finals in 2002.

I am no fan of NorCal sports fans, but what happened to the Kings in 2002 was criminal. I hope we never see anything like that again, in any sport.

I was a Lakers/NBA fan up until that moment, and that was it for me. It felt like watching the WWF as a kid when someone would lose by getting hit with a chair when the ref wasn't looking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad