OT: New Team Branding ???

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I’m really fond of this design if we stick with the Black & Silver.

0924-andrewbourne-lak1.png
Looks like we’re watching black and white tv’s. Jesus that’s terrible.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Feel like Icethetics is usually on top of this kind of stuff, so I'm inclined to believe it. But at the same time it would feel pretty strange that Luc would choose this time to change the jerseys/logo and there's been no rumblings at all from our side about it. Felt like they've been going all in with the brand, don't see why they would change anything about it right now.

Reactions: ujju2

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Looks like we’re watching black and white tv’s. Jesus that’s terrible.
Lmao the picture DEFINITELY makes it extra dull. My vision was using the heritage jersey as the base but use the shinier silver from the alternate instead of the dull grey.

Capture.PNG

and for the logo, slap the chrome silver crown that Petersen had in his old mask. I can never find a good picture of it.
Cal-Petersen.jpg

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Feel like Icethetics is usually on top of this kind of stuff, so I'm inclined to believe it. But at the same time it would feel pretty strange that Luc would choose this time to change the jerseys/logo and there's been no rumblings at all from our side about it. Felt like they've been going all in with the brand, don't see why they would change anything about it right now.
I've felt that the current logo/sweater would remain in place as the primary with only small tweaks for, like, eternity since they won the Cup in them but we get further and further from those wins every day and there have been no victories to speak of since June of 2014.

The reverse retro with purple and gold in them have done very well. I know Luc had the Hull jerseys and then the Gretzky-era jerseys so the idea of him being cool with purple/gold is not one that is going to gain traction on here but the time might be right.

Kopitar and Doughty (and Lewis lol) are the only guys left from the Cup teams. They just gave PLD 8x8. It's getting to the point where a rebrand makes sense.

They did the same thing when the moved to the current one. One playoff series win in the Sunglassed Lion jerseys and a young team emerging from a rebuild. Went back to the black/silver/white. Might be time to roll back into the purple.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Each jersey change seemed to usher in a new era, the first being 1980, then they ushered in the Gretzky era sweaters eight years later, and then in 1998 we saw the return of Forum Blue one season before they opened Staples Center, and with a new star in Ziggy Palffy.

They stuck with those colors until the switch to the boring home plate jerseys in 2011, which we’ve been stuck with ever since. They’re long overdue for a change.

Reactions: ru4reals

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Each jersey change seemed to usher in a new era, the first being 1980, then they ushered in the Gretzky era sweaters eight years later, and then in 1998 we saw the return of Forum Blue one season before they opened Staples Center, and with a new star in Ziggy Palffy.

They stuck with those colors until the switch to the boring home plate jerseys in 2011, which we’ve been stuck with ever since. They’re long overdue for a change.

I don't know if there's something they want to hang their hats on to usher in new jerseys, though.

Get past the first round? Fire TMac? Luc uses Just For Men? None of them have that "defining a new era" vibe.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I don't know if there's something they want to hang their hats on to usher in new jerseys, though.

Get past the first round? Fire TMac? Luc uses Just For Men? None of them have that "defining a new era" vibe.
This is the Crypto era. Soon the Kings will introduce worthless NFTs that'll be exclusive to season ticket members, and charge almost $20 for shitty beer.

EDIT: Just checked, and they're actually right about that price range. Even more reason to skip drinking and eating at the arena.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
This is the Crypto era. Soon the Kings will introduce worthless NFTs that'll be exclusive to season ticket members, and charge almost $20 for shitty beer.

EDIT: Just checked, and they're actually right about that price range. Even more reason to skip drinking and eating at the arena.

Yep. Just do it in the parking lot, I guess. "Hey kids, look away while dad gets loaded..."

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Maybe not just for men, more so “it’s time for men”

Last edited:

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Watch it just being officially changing the team name to "LA Kings" instead of "Los Angeles". They've been trending that way for a few years now.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Watch it just being officially changing the team name to "LA Kings" instead of "Los Angeles". They've been trending that way for a few years now.
Think bigger. They are adding "The" to the name....The Los Angeles Kings.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Lmao the picture DEFINITELY makes it extra dull. My vision was using the heritage jersey as the base but use the shinier silver from the alternate instead of the dull grey.

View attachment 729460

and for the logo, slap the chrome silver crown that Petersen had in his old mask. I can never find a good picture of it.
Cal-Petersen.jpg
Since the Kings are pretending we all have B&W HDTV's, my response will be in B&W.

hated-it-in-living-color.gif

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Another thing that drives me nuts.

They’ll also be adding a pronoun to the team name.
It would be funnier if it weren't in the realm of possibility.

Still way better than what he have now.
The crown 100%. but the black and grey/silver needs to go.

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad