OT: New Team Branding ???

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
And something to remind us of an awful losing era. As sharp as they look, thats what they remind me of, and the Lakers. The black and silver give the Kings an identity in the city. Dodger blue, Laker purple and gold, Kings black and silver.
Too bad the Kings were also mimicking another LA team that had silver and black before the Kings.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Lakers also adopted the same color scheme as the Kings starting in 1967-68. Prior to that, the Lakers colors matched the Dodgers with a simple blue and white color scheme.
season_1966_1967.jpg

jerry-west-lakers-best-nba-jerseysjpg.jpg

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
That would actually be an unexpected, cool change. Ditch black/silver/purple altogether. Go royal blue and white.

Would need to differentiate from the Bolts/Leafs, but you could definitely do it with the right hue.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
That would actually be an unexpected, cool change. Ditch black/silver/purple altogether. Go royal blue and white.

Would need to differentiate from the Bolts/Leafs, but you could definitely do it with the right hue.
I think the rumor circa 1998 was that the Kings new color scheme would be similar to that of the Phoenix Roadrunners back then. Here’s a pic of Gretzky modeling those Roadrunners sweaters.

Would be cool if the Kings released documentaries about the planning and development of their past uniforms, especially as a build up to for the unveiling of a new set of uniforms, but that would actually require some thought and effort on their part.

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
Purple and gold has always been the best scheme for the Kings, regardless of the Lakers. I grew up on the Chevy so I don't mind it but every grayscale iteration since then has been horseshit.

Reactions: Reaper45

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Purple and Gold is absolutely the worst combination of colors to the eyes possible. It is like combining hot chili peppers with asbestos.

The Royal blue with more subtle colors would be great.

Here is an abutment of choices. #12 is my preference.
I doubt any grown man would sport purple and gold if it wasn’t a Laker gear. (Or LSU or Vikings).

I also forgot to say that calling it “forum blue” is an insult to the color blue.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
I am no fan of NorCal sports fans, but what happened to the Kings in 2002 was criminal. I hope we never see anything like that again, in any sport.

I was a Lakers/NBA fan up until that moment, and that was it for me. It felt like watching the WWF as a kid when someone would lose by getting hit with a chair when the ref wasn't looking.
That's fair but Sacramento Kings was not the best team ever built then and that is what they're smoking up here. I ran into a fan and got into a fun heated exchange who was claimed to know quite a bit about Basketball. Funny thing is he didn't know LeBron played for LA.

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese