Confirmed with Link: New Security Measures At Canadian Tire Center Implemented

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Given that yesterday was an isolated event, seems like an overreaction, but I can understand their perspective.

All patrons, both staff and guests, will be screened with hand-held metal detectors in addition to having their bags searched before they will be granted access into the building on Saturday and on all future event days at Canadian Tire Centre as part of the building’s enhanced security measures.

With these enhanced security measures, the Senators are asking fans to arrive early to avoid delays entering the building. Doors will open early at 5 p.m. to help with access into Canadian Tire Centre.

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=735875

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I won't be going to any regular season games if this is the case. The lineups going to be out in the parking lot and its only going to get colder.

Playoffs ill put up with it

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
I won't be going to any regular season games if this is the case. The lineups going to be out in the parking lot and its only going to get colder.

Playoffs ill put up with it

Thats hardcore fringe fan territory, get it together man that is weak

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
That's it! I'm become a leaf fan! This is the final straw. Grrr!!!!!

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Isn't wanding normal procedure for concerts already anyway? At least last time I went to one in London at the JLC (now Bud Gardens) pretty sure they did.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
No surprise to see this really. To me it's always better to be safe than sorry and should be no reason to give up cheering for the team.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Last time I remember wands at CTC was the Drake concert last year, they only did it randomly and I walked right through, caused crazy lineups though. Wonder if they're actually gonna wand everyone, that'll really hold things up.

I completely understand if they do everyone based on yesterday, hope this doesn't become an every game thing though.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Last time I remember wands at CTC was the Drake concert last year, they only did it randomly and I walked right through, caused crazy lineups though. Wonder if they're actually gonna wand everyone, that'll really hold things up.

I completely understand if they do everyone based on yesterday, hope this doesn't become an every game thing though.

Hopefully it lasts for two weeks then nada

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
This is not a new thing I've been to lots of Sens games where I got wanded or bags checked or frisked. Doesn't happen all the time seemed to be random games.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
This is not a new thing I've been to lots of Sens games where I got wanded or bags checked or frisked. Doesn't happen all the time seemed to be random games.

I think the point is that they're gonna wand/check everyone. I've never been wanded at CTC and I'm there pretty often.

Still miss Vermette

Mar 2, 2013
Actually surprised it took them this long. Before I moved up to Ottawa I would go to Detroit sporting events and all places would search bags, use wands/walk through metal detectors. I couldn't believe I was able to just walk in with a flask in my back pocket.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Stupid. All this will do is create a big crowd of people waiting to get in, which would then become a target for terrorists anyway.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
All better be ALL this time. Last time they said all they would just let 200 people go by and stop the least likely person to be an issue to meet their quota.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
This is just another reason to cancel my season tickets next year. If I watch from home I can save a few thousand dollars and not be treated like a criminal.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Usually they only have 2 lines per staircase going in. fill each lane with someone wanding and boom, doesn't take any longer.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00