New Season....but where to watch it?

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
There are ways to VPN your entire internet connection and configure your Apple TV to do it. I don't have any of this set up but I've been curious, Youtube has ways to talk about it. It possibly depends on your router configuration.

This is how my setup works, I installed a VPN on my router so I can route everything through VPN when I want to. It's a pretty huge pain in the ass though.

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
1309. or 1323. 0r 1324. Even add Center Ice and watch a zillion non-CBJ games for the price of 2 tickets and drinks.

It amazes me how many people...i don't even know the words or the path...have to turn on sling and hulu and youtube TV and this and that only to never find the game unless it is on NBCSN.

It is easier to just call Spectrum and have normal TV.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
1309. or 1323. 0r 1324. Even add Center Ice and watch a zillion non-CBJ games for the price of 2 tickets and drinks.

It amazes me how many people...i don't even know the words or the path...have to turn on sling and hulu and youtube TV and this and that only to never find the game unless it is on NBCSN.

It is easier to just call Spectrum and have normal TV.
Unless, of course, you don't own a "normal TV" and haven't for over a decade.

I've been doing the VPN thing myself; as far as they know I'm presently in the GTA.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Got a notice that nhl.tv charge is going from $4.99/month to $24.99/month. I don't know if this is a thing where after so long the price goes up or if they're just trying to make more dough off the service. In any case, I'm out. I still have the Fox Sports Go app and can watch CBJ games there.

DEF

Oct 24, 2008
White Castle's
Prime is $139 per year. I order more than I should from Amazon so it pays for itself in shipping. The wife usually watches several movies per week on prime as well. I presently have Spectrum tv. It's over $80 a month with all the non optional fees tacked on. ESPN, Fox Sports and several other networks are working on a stand alone sports package for about $40 a month. If it all works out, I can save about $40 or more a month by dropping Spectrum and possibly get more sports content.

Reactions: Viqsi and CBJx614

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Will it just take a "Prime" membership to watch I wonder?...
We have Prime now and whatI've noticed is that much stuff is free but they also offer stuff at a charge. I don't think the NFL game is an upcharge but because I never watched I'm not 100% sure. I'd guess if you have or get a Prime membership the hockey will be included.

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
We have Prime now and whatI've noticed is that much stuff is free but they also offer stuff at a charge. I don't think the NFL game is an upcharge but because I never watched I'm not 100% sure. I'd guess if you have or get a Prime membership the hockey will be included.
I've noticed that there's NHL games on Max as well. So I'm sure there will still be an occasional game that's only shown on Max, NHLN and ESPN. But I would imagine the rest would be included with Prime.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Great! I keep a Prime membership!
What's the NFL anyway?;)

Prime is $139 per year. I order more than I should from Amazon so it pays for itself in shipping. The wife usually watches several movies per week on prime as well. I presently have Spectrum tv. It's over $80 a month with all the non optional fees tacked on. ESPN, Fox Sports and several other networks are working on a stand alone sports package for about $40 a month. If it all works out, I can save about $40 or more a month by dropping Spectrum and possibly get more sports content.
Nowadays, 139.00 is only about 7-10 packages! Shipping is flat out ridiculous!

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Regarding Amazon:

1) The discussion with Amazon owning a share of Bally's came out quite awhile ago but this sounds like new and more detailed information. Does anyone have a link to new info?

2) If Amazon is going to truly be the home of Ballys, we are talking a lot of NBA, MLB and NHL teams. I don't see how Amazon can roll that in for free with Prime, they need a much better return on thier investment than hoping for new Prime subscribers. As long as ESPN+ still owns the rights to the NHL Center Ice package (and I doubt they will give that up now that they are creating their new super-duper sports package this fall), I doubt we see Amazon offering a comparable package. My guess is we see the same format Ballys is trying to do where someone subscribes to the local teams they want but instead of a standalone Ballys app it will be broadcast through Prime.

Yup, just found this: According to a statement on Bally Sports’ website, this deal is still pending final approval. Here is what Bally Sports says about when they will start streaming on Amazon. “Once this agreement is approved and goes into effect, Bally Sports+ will be available for purchase through Amazon’s Prime Video Channel platform for an incremental cost.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
We were just discussing this. No way does Amazon fold this into a 16.00 per month Prime fee and everyone be satisfied with their take.
It will be an additional fee or what I'm hoping for would be an a la carte deal. Let me buy my team(s) or sport(s) or individual games like they do with movies and series. But even then I won't spring for more than 5 bucks a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad