Music: New Queens of the Stone Age

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news..._oliveri_involved_in_a_serious_car_crash.html

1016104_10151677278399469_430668609_n.jpg

Former Queens of the Stone Age bassist and current Mondo Generator frontman Nick Oliveri was involved in what seems as a rather serious car accident late Monday night (June 24).

Oliveri's current band announced the news on the Official Facebook Page with a set of accompanying photos, sending their frontman "many many well-wishes and hang in there's."

UG plus: remove banner
Just a glimpse at the photos is enough to demonstrate how serious the crash was, so it comes as a great relief that Oliveri is reportedly just "shaken up," which is "nothing he won't recover from."

"We're sending many many well-wishes and hang in there's to Nick," reads the official announcement. "He was involved in an auto accident late Monday night. He was shaken up, and you can probably see why if you look at the car, but it's nothing he won't recover from. Get well soon brother!"

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Didn't know how I felt about the album when I first heard it... but really growing on me.

It's slower/darker but still pretty rockin.

Tracks 4 or 8 is probably my favourite.

Bobo420

Jun 13, 2007
I picked it up on vinyl, I actually like more than their last couple releases.

Speaking of QOTSA:

:laugh:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Saw them in Cincinnati last night and going again tomorrow in Columbus. They are just face melting good live. 4th time seeing them and can't wait for #5 tomorrow.

My God Is the Sun
You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, but I Feel Like a Millionaire
No One Knows
Hangin' Tree
Burn the Witch
The Sky Is Fallin'
(Tour debut)
…Like Clockwork
In the Fade
Kalopsia
If I Had a Tail
Little Sister
Make It Wit Chu
Smooth Sailing
Better Living Through Chemistry
Sick, Sick, Sick
Go With the Flow
Encore:
The Vampyre of Time and Memory
Feel Good Hit of the Summer
A Song for the Dead

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/...ns-of-the-stone-age-announce-australian-tour/

Nine Inch Nails/Queens of the Stone Age Tour Dates:
03/06 – Sydney, AU @ Entertainment Centre $
03/08 – Newcastle, AU @ Entertainment Center $
03/11 – Perth, AU @ Arena $
03/13 – Adelaide, AU @ AEC Arena $
03/14 – Melbourne, AU @ Rod Laver Arena $
03/17 – Brisbane, AU @ Entertainment Centre $
03/19 – Auckland, NZ @ Vector Arena
03/22 – Christchurch, NZ @ CBS Canterbury Arena $

Headliner will be selected the day of the show via a coin flip

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/ar...sion.html?_r=2

Iggy Pop and Josh Homme Team Up for Secret Album

The new songs are from “Post Pop Depression†(Loma Vista), an album Mr. Pop and Mr. Homme wrote and recorded together with utmost secrecy and full independence, which is scheduled to be released in March. Its music shows both songwriters’ clear fingerprints: the pithy, hard-nosed clarity of Mr. Pop’s lyrics and the unflinching tone of his voice; and the crispness, angularity and deft convolutions of Mr. Homme’s chords and melodies. (The group will be making its debut on “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert†Thursday night.)

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Haven't had a chance to listen to the new clip yet, but I can't wait for the album.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

I like it. Sort of a blend between Misfit Love, Smooth Sailing, and Gunman from TCV.

Hopefully it's like ...Like Clockwork where the first single was one of my least favourite songs on the album.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Track listing is out for the new album. http://diffuser.fm/qotsa-villains-2017-tour/

1. “Feet Don’t Fail Me”
2. “The Way You Used to Do”
3. “Domesticated Animals”
4. “Fortress”
5. “Head Like A Haunted House”
6. “Un-Reborn Again”
7. “Hideaway”
8. “The Evil Has Landed”
9. “Villains of Circumstance”

Homme actually played Villains of Circumstance three years ago and has a few times since. :laugh:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ill have to look into it. I find for me they are hit and miss, I do have a few of their CDs but some stuff is meh to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad