Music: New Queens of the Stone Age

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Wait until a CD rip comes out.

The current leak quality is damn near unlistenable.

Its not that bad. The first 5 songs are great quality. Then half way through the 6th song the audio volume drops pretty dramatically and Song 7 is very quiet. 8 is back to a decent volume level and 9 is pretty low.

The first half of the record is fantastic for a rip. Still awaiting a new leak tho

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
First impressions: another great album about on par with Like Clockwork, and "Feet Don't Fail Me" may be my favourite Queens song. I'm diggin the spooky keyboard haha.

Ronson's production punches things up a bit without compromising their sound.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Its not that bad. The first 5 songs are great quality. Then half way through the 6th song the audio volume drops pretty dramatically and Song 7 is very quiet. 8 is back to a decent volume level and 9 is pretty low.

The first half of the record is fantastic for a rip. Still awaiting a new leak tho

Mine must be really bad then because the volume is all over the place from song to song.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Mine must be really bad then because the volume is all over the place from song to song.

First 5 songs are completely fine for me and sound awesome. 1 song dips hard half way through while another is very quiet. The last 2 are fine but need to be turned up probably one or two more pegs compared to the first 5. All in all very listenable and i've been cranking it for a couple days now.

Probably another week till a better rip comes out

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
First 5 songs are completely fine for me and sound awesome. 1 song dips hard half way through while another is very quiet. The last 2 are fine but need to be turned up probably one or two more pegs compared to the first 5. All in all very listenable and i've been cranking it for a couple days now.

Probably another week till a better rip comes out

The whole leak is poor quality. The last few have the volume issues, but the quality is low on the whole album. If you listen to it at high volume in your car or something it probably isn't that noticeable, but with headphones on it doesn't sound very good. I have it pre-ordered anyways, so I can't wait for a high quality copy.

Sound quality issues aside, it's a great album.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The whole leak is poor quality. The last few have the volume issues, but the quality is low on the whole album. If you listen to it at high volume in your car or something it probably isn't that noticeable, but with headphones on it doesn't sound very good. I have it pre-ordered anyways, so I can't wait for a high quality copy.

Sound quality issues aside, it's a great album.

Agreed.

I wasn't sure if I'd like the album based of the first single, but that song really grew on me. Wasn't sure if there would be any jams like Smooth Sailing or I Appear Missing, but there definitely is. The choruses all have these great hooks as well.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Feet Don't Fail Me is arguably their bast album opener ever. Just a face melting tune. The Way You Used to Do is a fun song and makes sense as the first single. It works very well in the context of the album. Domesticated Animals took me awhile to wrap my head around but now I can't get it out of my head. The bass is just ridiculous. Fortress I hated at first but it has also grown on me. Could be a big radio success if they release it as a single. Head Like a Haunted House is such a fun song and will be KILLER live.

Un-Reborn Again is a monster of a song with definite Bowie vibes at times. Hideaway has grown on me but is the weakest on the album in my opinion. The Evil Has Landed is Zeppelin, TCV, and Queens in a blender and its awesome. Villains of Circumstance is an amazing closer. The builds to the chorus are immense and the heavier outro puts the cap on a very good album. This one will do well commercially.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad