Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Pearl-Jam-Gigaton-2020.jpg

Should be released March 27th.

Reactions: plank

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Can’t wait. First single should be out soon and is rumored to be different sounding, with some synth. I’m ready for them to move away from the punk attempts. Ed’s voice just can’t handle it anymore.

Also, no Brendan O’Brien is very encouraging.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Will stream and then hopefully buy this, as I try to with all of their albums (couldn't bring myself to pay for Backspacer or the Avocado album, though). I just hope that they get back to what I thought they were developing with Riot Act.

Also, saw their tour dates... Nothing in the PNW? What the heck? This is their stomping grounds, man!

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Will stream and then hopefully buy this, as I try to with all of their albums (couldn't bring myself to pay for Backspacer or the Avocado album, though). I just hope that they get back to what I thought they were developing with Riot Act.

Also, saw their tour dates... Nothing in the PNW? What the heck? This is their stomping grounds, man!
This is leg 1. Heavy rumors of another leg in the fall. Also, some stuff floating around that PJ may have a bit of a residency at the new Key Bank arena when it opens in 2021.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Really looking forward to this. I'll definitely be getting tickets for their stop in St. Louis in April.

I enjoyed the Avocado album and I actually really enjoyed Lightning Bolt. Infallible is an incredible song IMO.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The highlight from Lightning Bolt was My Father's Son, imo

As for the albums as a whole...

Vs. > Binaural > Ten > No Code > Pearl Jam > Vitalogy > Riot Act > Yield > Lightning Bolt > Backspacer

Hopefully it's worth the wait.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
So the new song is rumored to be kind of new wavey, and Bill Simmons played a snippet of new music on his pod today that fits the mold, but didn’t day who it was. I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that’s the new song. If it is, that’s a VERY different direction.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Really digging the new single. They’re trying something new for them and that’s when they’re at their best, IMO. Also, Ed is singing at a register he can handle at this stage in his career. The outro might be the best part.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Despite not liking their last 3 releases, they are still my favorite. I got tickets for Nashville and Oakland. Was very...very...worried that this new release was going to be another step back, but it's a great song. Very 80's, very Talking Heads.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Sounds like an offcut from Backspacer. I knew the first song was too good to be true.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I give it a 3/5 when DOTC is a 5/5 for me. That song is great. This one has grown on me with listens but isn’t near the same level.

I almost think they chose this as the next single to appease the old fans who were upset about DOTC being so different.

One thing is the production on these two songs is light years better than LB and Backspacer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad