New Paperless ticket policy

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I don't mind it. I think everyting is going that way (digital). I understand it is a pain for those not using a smart phone, but it is what it is.
I hate TM much like everyone else but I do utilize the ticket exchange to sell my ticket nd also pick up extras. Obvioulsy they are making money off from it but at least this way you know what you are getting.

Reactions: Samkow

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
It isn't about age - even though that's what the article implies.

This program (Ticketmaster) seeks to redefine the fundamental concept of ticket ownership. When someone buys a ticket they purchase entrance into an event and what they do with it should not be the business of Ticketmaster or the organization.

This program also seeks to control the secondary ticket market. More so - and make no doubt about this - it is about data mining. Ticketmaster (and the CBJ) want to know exactly who is sitting in those seats for target marketing purposes.

It’s invasive - and is part of Live Nation's (parent company of Ticketmaster) mission to control every aspect of the entertainment market. They cross the line in numerous areas but where it should become unacceptable to everyone is there is no provision to opt out. That does not exist in any other area of electronic business… not even with the airlines or Amazon.

That said, it just isn’t good business. Not only have they created an unnecessary barrier to entry, they have said they don’t care about and are willing to lose a percentage of people that don’t have the ability to comply... regardless of age. Ohio State, the Yankees, the Red Sox … even Michigan can’t afford to do that. What makes the CBJ think they can?

Finally - it seriously discourages business entertainment.

Great post.
Ticketmaster's practices are indefensible in a free market economy. When there are no other options, you have a monopoly. It's one thing if it's a new or emerging technology, but this is just selling tickets, hence my previous comparison to the mafia). There is nothing proprietary here.

On your data mining point, I bought tickets to TB/CBJ this saturday last night. After purchase completion, I was inundated with several ads and dumb offers (Travelocity, Blue Apron, etc). It was infuriating. Not only do they charge for the convenience, you've gotta try to squeeze me for some more? GTFO.

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
Just a heads up for those saying this is the CBJ franchise being cheap. This is a Ticketmaster thing and not a CBJ thing. A few friends and myself bought tickets online for the Bengals game against the Saints in November. We were given the choice of paperless/cell/mobile/etc tickets for no additional charge or US Snail Mail for $5. There was no choice for tickets to be emailed and printed.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Sure it is different but I don't believe it is such a big hassle that others are trying to make it out to be. I can sympathize for the older people who have yet to upgrade to a smart phone but sometimes you just need to move forward with progress.

I'm going to take a different approach. Due to collection gathering and other concerns, I've been thinking about getting away from "smart" phones. I'm not really a fan of getting into my car and it predicting where I am going. An IPad, or similar, seems ok because I'd mostly use it for an ebook reader. Being in the technology field, I can't eliminate it but I'm starting to jump past the more traditional ways technology is pushing us. At some point the vast majority of my personal web activity will be handled via the DW. I am not the only person that is looking to do this, although it is clearly in the vast minority. My days of using the traditional web browsers (and Google as a search engine, as well as email) is almost over except at work.

What does this have to do with the Jackets? If they keep this up, I'll need to figure out another method to get a digital ticket for them to scan or I won't go to games.

Reactions: CPTN71 and thebus88

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
You can still sell through stubhub and other online resellers. They are capable of doing electronic tickets. The people it really hurts are the guys who stand outside the arena hawking tickets.
Explain to me how I can do this? I can't print an electronic copy of the ticket anymore that I can transfer to stubhub. My only option is to use the ticketmaster resale app. If you know how I can sell on stubhub I'd love to know.

Thanks

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Explain to me how I can do this? I can't print an electronic copy of the ticket anymore that I can transfer to stubhub. My only option is to use the ticketmaster resale app. If you know how I can sell on stubhub I'd love to know.

Thanks
I don't sell my tickets but it looks like you would take a screenshot of the mobile tickets and upload that to StubHub. I'm then assuming they transfer that into their own StubHub app for mobile tickets.

Reactions: CPTN71

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
I don't sell my tickets but it looks like you would take a screenshot of the mobile tickets and upload that to StubHub. I'm then assuming they transfer that into their own StubHub app for mobile tickets.

That's correct and I have done it all ready and everything worked fine. Also, you still have the ability to print your tickets as a pdf even though the team says it's been phased out. The print option is on the top right side of the screen. I printed one of my tickets to the last game and again everything worked fine.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
That's correct and I have done it all ready and everything worked fine. Also, you still have the ability to print your tickets as a pdf even though the team says it's been phased out. The print option is on the top right side of the screen. I printed one of my tickets to the last game and again everything worked fine.

Rep told me thats only going to last through the end of October (the printing)... and was due to backlash from Nationwide employees. We'll see I guess..

squarelaces

Aug 6, 2005
Anybody know how to turn tickets from account into mobile tickets so they can be put up on StubHub?

squarelaces

Aug 6, 2005
I'm a season ticket holder and I use my card to get in. On the site the options for managing on events gives 2 options, Transfer via email or sell on Ticket exchange. Are you saying I should transfer to myself and then screen shot barcode from there?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm a season ticket holder and I use my card to get in. On the site the options for managing on events gives 2 options, Transfer via email or sell on Ticket exchange. Are you saying I should transfer to myself and then screen shot barcode from there?
If you log into your STH account on a mobile device it should display a mobile ticket for each game. I believe you would just screenshot that and upload.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Not a fan at all as someone ehonhas collected ticket stubs from every event/movie I've been to over the past 30 years. I have over 500 movie ticket stubs... its nice to have a piece of history for things like AS games and playoff tickets or season openers. As a die hard Tribe fan Ill be pissed if I dont get stubs for the derby this year. Mayyybeeeee the AS game if im lucky enough cash wise.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

If you log into your STH account on a mobile device it should display a mobile ticket for each game. I believe you would just screenshot that and upload.

Make sure to hit 'View Barcode' and then snap shot when it loads.

If you just click on the ticket and pull it up as if you're going to use it on your phone, supposedly it makes it only work on your phone (though I've never ran into an issue and don't see how a screen shot still wouldn't work)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad