OT: New Owner! New Name? New Season? New Everything!!! — Oh, and New Thread. All things Washington NFL FootBall (beat it, Dan-Bag!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

No Robert Griffin on this list. Imagine that.

Holy shit, I used to work with Michael Sapir, like 30 years ago, I mean we were literally coworkers and I set up his PC and phone system. He was the laziest POS lawyer you would ever meet. He worked as the counsel for ther startup mutual fund I was at, and eventually he was hired full time, and then got fired for being so lazy, everyone hated him... he eventually started his own fund family, apparently got big into bitcoin, which explains why he has the cash to be a part owner of the team whose name I still can't say.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
I'll be taking a half day off "work" to see the team Friday. Intersting that they won't let you park outside the grass at training camp anymore. Even in the early Snyder days you could just park on the grass and walk to practice. Now everyone has to park at Dulles Town Center and take a bus in.

Guess they're expecting a lot of people

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Can't say this is shocking news.

Way to step up the courage to share this when he's no longer owner, Jay Jay. Might have made more impact if you had discussed this at the time... maybe so other coaches and FA's could have avoided the chaos factory.

I expect we'll see a slow trickle of other horror stories that we all suspected were true, leaking out over time from the brave souls who said nothing about it when it was happening. Thank heaven the cheerleaders and other women who were part of the multi decade harassment fest spoke up when they did to start shining the spotlight on Dan Bag.

Reactions: usiel

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I'll be taking a half day off "work" to see the team Friday. Intersting that they won't let you park outside the grass at training camp anymore. Even in the early Snyder days you could just park on the grass and walk to practice. Now everyone has to park at Dulles Town Center and take a bus in.

Guess they're expecting a lot of people
Let us know how Chase Young looks. Thanks

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Way to step up the courage to share this when he's no longer owner, Jay Jay. Might have made more impact if you had discussed this at the time... maybe so other coaches and FA's could have avoided the chaos factory.

I expect we'll see a slow trickle of other horror stories that we all suspected were true, leaking out over time from the brave souls who said nothing about it when it was happening. Thank heaven the cheerleaders and other women who were part of the multi decade harassment fest spoke up when they did to start shining the spotlight on Dan Bag.

I’m sure dishing on any active owner is likely career blackball material for a coach….but I feel ya. I hope more and more is exposed.

Sep 19, 2008
already more kid friendly activities at training camp set up than years past. photo stations and kids autograph sections. take your young'uns if so inclined

only thing is you'll have to park at the dulles town center mall and bus in if you don't have VIP / ADA

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

This is not breaking news. This has been talked about since Haskins was drafted, at least. Gruden has talked about it on Sheehan’s podcast. This latest conversation took place on July 11th. Snyder was still the owner.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
This is not breaking news. This has been talked about since Haskins was drafted, at least. Gruden has talked about it on Sheehan’s podcast. This latest conversation took place on July 11th. Snyder was still the owner.
The Haskins pick set us back years. Just the Butterfly effect. The next season we have 2nd overall pick in one of the better QB classes. Take Haskins OSU buddy Chase Young and they both look like they dont even finish the rookie contract. Tua and Herbert look like pro bowlers and we missed Joe Burrow by a dumbass play by Ron going for it in a meaningless game in a lost season.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
The Haskins pick set us back years. Just the Butterfly effect. The next season we have 2nd overall pick in one of the better QB classes. Take Haskins OSU buddy Chase Young and they both look like they dont even finish the rookie contract. Tua and Herbert look like pro bowlers and we missed Joe Burrow by a dumbass play by Ron going for it in a meaningless game in a lost season.
I recall posting about every single year there's a can't miss franchise DE at the top of the draft now and how stupid it would be to draft him because they're not usually really all that impactful in the grand scheme of things....doh.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
The brutal fate of hindsight.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I have a suggestion for the new owners lets have the press conference be available in 4k. Just throw up some staffer's iphone/samsung on a stand. This 720 crap quality on the YT side is so 20 years ago.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Chase was the easy #2 pick that year, some draft gurus even had him ranked #1. Why does this keep getting brought up

Sep 19, 2008
Over 10,000 people expected for training camp Saturday. That's wild.

Chase was the easy #2 pick that year, some draft gurus even had him ranked #1. Why does this keep getting brought up
This he was the clear #2 pick

That said yes drafting Haskins prevented Washington from basically drafting a QB at 2 that year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad